I want to go home

You left Carolina, not wanting to feel bad for her. For getting her sister killed. For letting her sister get killed.

If only Sammy would've talked to you. You would've helped her, and stayed by her side. You wouldn't have known the hard way that she was a convicted murderer who was also a titan from Marley.

Putting that all behind, you couldn't resurrect a dead woman. You wondered who had the titan power now.

Just like Eren having to eat his father to inherit his titan, someone would have had to eat Sammy as well. Did Carolina know about that?

Did she know her sister was eaten alive?

The thought made you want to puke.

"Hey wait!" You said as you approached the end of the corridor, remembering this is where your dream took place.

"Momma!" You said as you wobbled towards the cell you remembered her being in.

The closer you got the more your heat beat, until suddenly you felt like all of your organs fell to the floor.

The cell was empty.

She was here. You were sure.

Levi and Eren both looked at you as they could tell that your mother wasn't where she was supposed to be.

"She was here. I know it." You said as you looked inside the cell, trying to find any evidence as to if your mother was there. She wasn't, and there was nothing left behind that could prove she was. But you knew this was the place your mother was locked up.

"Let's go back and ask the front guard." Levi suggested as you nodded, Eren helping you walk the opposite way with your crutch.

You passed Carolina before taking a backtrack.

"What happened to the woman at the very end of these cells?" You questioned as she hadn't moved positions since you saw her last.

"She was moved to a different facility. Apparently her daughter could communicate with her telepathically and knew this location." Carolina said as you continued to ask questions.

"Why was she locked up in the first place?" You asked as Carolina shrugged.

"How am I supposed to know?" She said as you nodded, thinking you might've gotten ahead of yourself thinking a little girl could know your mothers life story.

"It's fine. Goodbye." You said as you were about to continue walking.

"If you want to know more about that woman, find Zeke Yeager." She said as this was Eren's turn to look up at the girl in shock.

"Let's go." Levi said as he basically grabbed onto both you and Eren, directing you the other way.

Eren struggled a little, not wanting to let this opportunity go to waste, wanting to know why another man with the same last name as him is taking your mother hostage.

Zeke Yeager, the man who claimed to be Eren's brother. What business did he have with your mother?

Levi made sure the two of you kept your mouths closed as you went back to the front door to leave.

"You should really feed that little girl. Wouldn't want to leave a reputation for starving your inmates would you?" Levi said as the man who Levi talked to before was once again intimidated.

Who knew a 5'2 man could make so many people drop to their knees so quickly?

"We'll contact head office with the results within a week." Levi lied before turning to leave, you and eren following after him.

Once you had exited, you made eye contact with Mikasa, which caused you to almost break down. She expected you to go in there, find your mom, and bust her out.

Instead, a weird old guy tried to hit on you, Sammy got eaten and her little sister was now locked up, and your mother was moved to a different area. Probably still being held hostage as well.

You used your crutches to move to Mikasa's direction, completely ignoring Eren and Levi behind you, along with all of the others.

You leant your head over Mikasa's shoulders, digging your face into her shoulder as you began to cry.

You had no idea why you had the impression you'd go in there and find your mom safe and sound.

But the reality that she wasn't there hit you, and made you feel like absolute shit.

"Hey, hey." Mikasa said quietly as she rubbed the back of your head, playing with your hair softly to comfort you.

"I want to go home." You whined in between hics because of how much you were crying.

"We'll go home tomorrow. I promise." She said, knowing you didn't want to be here anymore. She had no idea what happened in there, but based off your reaction, nothing good happened.

"Everyone back to the dock near the boat." Levi said, looking at the map to know which direction you came from so you could backtrack.

Levi had a lot of things to explain to the others.

You walked next to Mikasa, staying dead quiet as you did so.

Once you arrived back at the dock, Levi sat you all down and talked to you. You and Eren sat next to him, knowing everything that happened since you were there. The only problem was that Levi was less worried about saving your mother and more worried about finding out about this "Zeke Yeager" guy who was claiming to be erens brother.

You understood his point of view, and why that would be more important to humanities progression, but this was your mother. No one knew or loved her like you did. You were sure if anyone else was in your position, they'd want to save their mother as well.

You drowned your thoughts, trying to pay attention to Levi who was making a plan on where to find the man, though there were no leads. Levi could tell you were feeling like shit, because you didn't add any information, or talk at all. In fact, you just stared at the floor, looking at Mikasa every once in a while.