The people in the cells

"(Y/n), Eren and I will be going in. The rest of you stay back and keep look out." Levi stated as e stood forward.

"I'm coming too sir." She said sternly as Levi sighed, knowing all too well that she was going to protest as always.

"Mikasa, trust captain Levi." You said to her as she calmed down. The only reason Mikasa wanted to go with you guys was because she wanted to protect you. But you didn't need protection. You could do this on your own.

"But what if there are officers protecting the prison? They'll recognize you." Mikasa questioned as you shook your head.

"No one knows us Mikasa. They couldn't have gotten our pictures, and I'm sure they know about us, but they don't know US." You emphasized as you knew that people were always on the lookout, but as long as you stuck in with the crowd, nothing would happen.

Mikasa grit her teeth, not wanting to deny you and your wishes, but also not wanting to let you go into a possible death trap without her.

"Watch from out here." You said towards Mikasa as she held her tense face, not wanting to make you go in without her.

"I'm finding my mom." You said sternly as Mikasa held back, knowing that this was about you, and not her.

"Okay." She said as Sasha wrapped her arm around Mikasa's neck, Mikasa swinging Sasha's hand away from her.

"I was just playing around." Sasha said as you walked with Eren and Levi towards the jail. You wondered who they kept down in the cells with your mother. Criminals? Or more innocent people from your home like your mom.

The idea of finding out scared you.

You walked with Eren and Levi towards the entrance as you were stopped by a man.

"Business?" He questioned as Levi took charge.

"Inspector. I'd like to see your facility." Levi held out a fake badge as the man gave Levi the side eye.

"We weren't aware of any inspections." The man said as Levi shrugged.

"Would you like me to call my boss and let him know how unaware your team is of health standards?" Levi questioned as the man stammered.

"No sir." He said as he looked at both you and Eren.

"Trainees. We do need more responsible workers, don't we?" Levi asked the man, kind of insultingly like. You could tell the man wasn't going to deny Levi in the slightest.

"Go ahead sir." The man said as Levi nodded, putting his fake id back into his pocket as you looked at Eren with wide eyes.

Once you walked into the long corridor with empty cells you were finally able to acknowledge Levi's amazing acting.

"Sir that was impressive!" You said as the man scoffed.

"Planning ahead has its perks." He said as he turned to Eren.

"If anything happens, use your powers and protect us." Levi demanded as eren nodded.

You wondered how exactly you'd find anyone in specific in such a big corridor.

You ran from cell to cell, passing sleeping people as you did so. Unlike that dream you had two years ago, you only had one leg. So while you could run, it couldn't be considered running. More like quick crutch steps. You did move faster than normal, and you were hoping to be able to get to your mother as quick as possible.

Eren ran after you as Levi strolled behind, not wanting to run.

"Mom!" You whisper yelled, hoping there were no other guards on look out.

"Momma please answer!" You whispered once again, continuing to pass empty cells.

"Hello?" An old man's voice spoke up as you turned to the man in the cell as his eyes widened.

"Girl." He put his hands on the bars of the cells as you backed up behind Eren, Levi rushing up next to you, noticing there was an interruption.

You turned to the man who you didn't recognize as you noticed his black beard, the only noticeable feature from the man besides his dead looking eyes.

"I haven't seen a girl in years." He said as you looked at Levi, Levi being able to tell you were uncomfortable.

"Cmon lil lady. Let me out of here." He said as shivers sparked your body. It made you unspeakably uncomfortable.

"Let's go." Levi said as he covered you and continued to walk next to you.

"Separation from society can really fuck a man up." Eren muttered under his breath as he watched over you as well.

You continued to walk down the path of the long hall of cells, you hearing that man from before begin to weep.

You turned to another person in a cell. This time, it was a girl.

"Hey." You whispered at the girl as Levi wondered what you were doing.

"Hey. Hey!" You got the girls attention as she sat in fear, in the furthest corner of the cell. She looked to be about 14, super thin and clearly malnourished.

"Why are you in here?" You questioned as the girl stared at you, her head fidgeting quickly as eren stood next to you.

"They're all really fucked up." Eren said as the girl moved her gaze from you to Eren.

"Let's go." Levi said, not wanting you and Eren to get distracted from the mission.

"They killed my sister." The girl spoke as you looked at her.

"She failed a mission and they killed her." The girl continued as you looked closer at her to see she did resemble someone.

"Who was your sister?" You questioned as she looked at you.

"You haven't heard?" She questioned as you shook your head.

"We're from out of town." You lied as the girl nodded.

"Samantha. Yknow... the titan holder?" She said, confused how you didn't know who she was talking about. But you did. And it made your heart sink.

Both Eren and levi whipped their heads around to face you, knowing all too well that there was no possible way there was another titan holder named Samantha. This girl was your ex girlfriends little sister.

"(Y/n), we have to keep going." Levi said as you stood in front of the poor looking girl.

You ruined her life. She's unhealthy, being mistreated, and had no family to protect her.

"What's your name?" You questioned as the girl looked at the two boys beside you before looking at you.

"Carolina." She said as you nodded.

"Carolina, I'll get the guards to give you something to eat." You said as she looked towards the floor.

"I don't like jail food." She whispered as you nodded.

"Better eat and survive. Your sister would do the same." You said sternly, holding in your emotions as you turned to Levi, your eyes being watered as you wanted to continue walking.