Betrayal

"(Y/n) we'll need to have a little chat," The man said as he took out a pen and began writing, before looking up at you.

"Wait wait... a wanted criminal? You mean my girlfriend? There's no way you're correct." You giggle out of fear. Your mind couldn't really process what was happening, Sam couldn't be a wanted criminal, you knew that.

"Samantha hallgreans, accounted charges for first degree murder. She ran away and we haven't been able to track her since. It's like she vanished." He said shocked as you placed your hands on his desk.

"You mean to tell me my lovely girlfriend murdered someone?" You clench your jaw in anger, trying not to bite your lip.

"I'm sorry ms, but I need you to tell me everything I need to know." He stated as you just continued to look dumbfounded at the man.

This wasn't a dream, nor was this a sick prank. This was real.

"Samantha went missing just over a year ago, fleeing from wall Maria. When exactly did you meet her?" The man asked as you looked him in the eyes.

"About a year ago." You gulped before waiting for the next question.

"Did she often hide things from you? Perhaps about her past?" He asked to which you knew this wasn't good.

"... no sir." You looked down to twiddle your thumbs.

"How did you meet?" He asked as you felt more relaxed with that question. Good memories of you and Sammy filled your mind, before realizing this was tearing that all down.

"We worked together at a grocery store. She was there my first day, and helped me from then." You told the man honestly as he nodded before writing it in his notes.

He asked for the information about the workplace, you answered.

He asked for Sammy's interests, you answered.

He asked about Sammy's morals, you answered.

You were tired of all of these questions. You didn't know why Sammy would do this, and you weren't just going to be some stupid pawn to the police. You wanted to go home.

Before you left you wanted to know something.

"Why was she charged with first degree murder?" You asked as the question lingered in the back of your mind.

"She killed the woman that her dad was cheating on his wife with." He stammered as you looked into his eyes.

"That's.... terrible." You look downwards with a frown. What the hell? Why would she kill a random woman.

"I'm finished questioning. Please keep your doors closed and if she does end up coming home, pretend as if nothing is wrong, then call for help when it's safe." He advised as you nodded. You didn't want to believe all of this was real, but the documents were right in front of your face. Sammy was a murderer.

You got home with a sigh as you used your keys to open the door. The house was just as you left it. Nothing changed. Nothing moved.

You threw your keys onto the kitchen counter as you went to your back garden.

You got on your knees before moving closer to the flowers in the garden, trying to get your mind off the fact that the woman you lived with for almost a year was a wanted criminal. The delightful smell of a blooming flower always made you feel better.

Your mother taught you to smell flowers and eat fresh fruit from the garden while stressed, so that's exactly what you did.

Days and weeks have passed. Living alone was becoming a new to you. You hated it. Being lonely in a house which belonged to your dead mother, now abandoned by a murderer.

You quit work in fear of the possibilities. You became scared of Sammy. The idea that she could hurt you. The idea that the whole relationship the two of you shared was all just a play for her to have a place to stay.

You went from wanting her home and comforting you to never wanting to see her again. You wanted answers, but the fear of coming face to face with her again wasn't worth it.

Sammy hadn't left a note, nor did she leave anything behind. A bunch of her clothes were missing from her drawers, her shoes, all gone. And most of all, the memories... they're all gone.

It was like she was never here in the first place. She must've planned this.... to pack everything and put it in the car before playing it off as just another normal day of work.

Has she done this to other people? Lied to them for shelter and love. The shelter and love she doesn't deserve? She could've killed you in your sleep at any time she wanted.

One false sentence and she could've put a knife through your chest. It was scary.