Checking in

It was becoming dark outside as the scouts were still not back. This worried you greatly.

"Captain Levi!" You called for the man as you entered his office which was on the top floor, which contained the rooms dedicated to the commander, captain, and other top leaders. You weren't allowed up there, but you were way too concerned to not say anything.

"Sir, they're still not back." You said as the man turned his chair around, from facing the window to now face you. He had another cup of liquid in his hand. More tea?

"I'm aware." Levi said as you gritted your teeth.

"Are you not worried?" You questioned as Levi put his cup down.

"I trust in commander Erwin. Everyone will return safely." Levi said, sounding very sure of himself.

"Sir I need to go out and make sure for myself. I can't just sit here while my brain tells me people are in trouble." You stated as the man pointed towards your leg.

"You can't use your odm gear. And you surely can't walk all the way to the wall. You also haven't been able to control your horse while you're on him like that." He said as you swallowed, feeling slightly annoyed. He's right, you couldn't ride Pine anymore, you couldn't hold your balance on him with only one leg, but he didn't know about the odm gear.

Ever since you lost your leg, you haven't put on your odm gear. There was a possibility you could still maneuver in it even without a leg.

"Sir I'm going." You said with determination in  your voice as the man just turned to look back out the window.

"Don't even think about getting yourself killed." He said as you nodded, using your crutches to get out of the room.

There were many spare odm gear in the shack outside, next to the horses, which were not currently there, all being used by the other scouts. Well, except for your horse, Pine.

"Hey buddy." You said as you wobbled towards him, to pet his nose before turning to put on the odm gear.

You strapped it around yourself while sitting on a stack of hay so you wouldn't fall over. You never remembered the odm gear to be this heavy.

You could barely stand with the weight, but you knew once you were in the sky it wouldn't matter.

You thought about how you were going to do this. You knew that if you hooked the buildings correctly, you wouldn't even have to touch the ground, which is what you planned on doing considering your body wouldn't be able to hold itself up if you were on the ground, running with one foot. Plus, the odm gear needs movement. If you touched the ground even once you'd break the cycle and end up hurting yourself.

But you didn't want to think about all the ways you could hurt yourself. All you could think about was getting to where the scouts were to make sure they were okay. You especially wanted to make sure Mikasa was okay.

You took a deep breath before leaping forwards, feeling slight pain but continuing to keep your pace as you swung from house to house, making sure to stay above the ground to get as high in the air as you could.

You forgot how good it felt to use odm gear. To swing from place to place like a flying ninja or something.

But now was not the time, you had a goal and you weren't going to let stupid memories about odm gear get in your way.

You flew in the sky as quickly as possible towards the walls.

Passing buildings you recognized and ones you didn't, your only objective was to get to Mikasa, and make sure she was okay. Well, you were also going for making sure everyone was okay, but your mind could only think about Mikasa.