College life is about to take a chaotic turn

Romeo

During the summer, I spent time recharging my batteries. I didn't mind dating, but I needed some downtime.

Rafe seemed to get over his hang-up with Reese. He was dating a girl named Kate. She seemed lovely beside her mouth. I'm not sure who was snarkier, Rafe or Kate.

Marty hung out with Bailey, claiming to be "friends." Yeah, okay. Who is he kidding? No guy hands out with a girl as friends. It's a known fact.

Leokadia had Val whipped. Good for her. Big brother doesn't bow down to anyone. Leokadia used her pinky finger to bring him to his knees.

Pat finally took Rowan on a car date. It took them longer to drive to and from the date than the actual date. I doubt they spent the majority of time driving. It was more like Rowan riding Pat's joystick, if you catch my drift.

While my brothers spent the time denying their relationships or horned up, I relaxed. That was the perk of not dating anyone. You could do your own thing without answering someone.

******
It took three hours before we arrived at campus. We had to rearrange rooms to accommodate Marty. Thank God the house was massive, or someone would sleep on the couch.

I dragged my bags to my room, unpacked, and set up my laptop. I logged onto my site and had requests waiting for me. So, it starts.

I read through the requests, made sure they signed the disclosure form and agreed to the terms. The ones that didn't agree to my rules were deleted, like wanting more than a date. Sex was off the table with me. After Sloane, I didn't trust any girl.

After setting dates and answering messages, I logged off. This year would prove more chaotic than last year, starting with jealousy.

********
Sage

I closed and locked my door, then sat on my bed and opened my laptop. I clicked on a dating site and found a new message waiting for me.

I understand your hesitation with trying a dating site. Most people have concerns. But if you read through the rules, you will find out what a date entails. If a date still interests you, pick a date, and hit request.

I blew air past my lips. How desperate does a girl have to be to pay for a date? Desperate.

I read through the rules. They seem standard and straightforward. Why would someone create rules for a date?

There was also a disclosure form. I read it twice.

"By agreeing to the terms, you agree not to disclose the identity of the person you requested a date. If the date doesn't meet your satisfaction, I will refund all monies."

I stared at the computer screen and pursed my lips. It's not like guys are beating down my door to ask me out. Oh, sure, the date starts fine. Then it ends midway through dinner. How can a guy end date before you finish dinner?

I sighed.

My finger hovered over the mousepad until I agreed to the rules. Then another screen popped up with dates. Most of the dates were grey out because of the date except one week from today. I clicked on it and requested the date. Then I had to enter my credit card information. Great.

******
Romeo

I was in the kitchen making a sandwich when my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and found a message waiting. Someone requested a date a week from today. It also had a note attached to it.

I've never paid for a date with anyone. I'm still not sure what I'm doing.

I responded to the message. It's your date. You choose how you want it to go.

Within a few minutes, I got a response.

Can we meet at the restaurant?

I can do that.

Will you stay until I finish eating?

Of course.

What about a conversation?

It's your date. You pick the topic.

What about holding hands?

I'll hold your hand.

And a kiss?

I kiss the person's cheek. It's less pressure for the girl.

Okay.

I shook my head. It's not unusual for girls to ask these questions. I learned most girls aren't familiar with dating because guys won't ask them out. Most of the reasons are because of their appearance, which is stupid.

I've dated all kinds of girls. I found the ones that worry about their appearance were boring. The conversation lacked in so many areas. Plus, I need to laugh. I can't do that if a girl drones on her hair, nails, or outfit.

I finished making my sandwich and ate before meeting my first date of the year.

********
Sage

Well, Cupid answered all my questions, even I had my doubts. There's no way that a guy would agree to what I wanted to do. Most guys want one thing. When I shut them down, the date ended.

I didn't want to sleep with a guy to keep him. I wanted someone who enjoyed spending time with me.

Ro knocked on my door. "You seem antsy. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's been a long drive."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I forced a smile.

"What is your problem?" Val asked.

I got up and walked to the doorway.

"Why can't I share a room with Reese?" Liam asked Val.

"Because no one is sharing rooms with whoever they choose."

Rowan and I glanced at each other.

"That's bullshit, and you know it," Liam told Val.

"We don't need issues in the house."

Pat and the others gathered as Val and Liam argued about sleeping arrangements.

"You forget that my family paid for this house. You don't get a say," Liam told Val.

"Her family paid for it." Pat pointed at me.

Everyone looked at me. I arched a brow.

Liam walked towards me. "Sage, tell Val what he's doing isn't right."

I looked at Liam, then at Val. "Liam is right. You can't make rules for one and not the others."

"Fine, but if anything happens, it's on you." Val walked away.

Great. Leokadia ran after Val. Rafe walked by Liam without saying a word. I furrowed my brows. Liam walked to his bedroom.

"Why do I feel like the asshole in this situation?" I asked.

"I wouldn't worry about Rafe and Liam. They'll work out their differences. I'll talk to Val," Pat said.

I nodded. Ro walked away with Pat. I closed my door, opened my dresser drawer, and took my medication.  I needed to make an appointment with my doctor because my moods were becoming more erratic, which meant my medication wasn't working as it should.

The problem with putting off help, your issue will escalate. While I dealt with my mood swings, someone would show me why I would need them.

So, you're all wondering what I have planned. Well, you'll have to wait to find out because another book is coming with Romeo's story called The Harper Brothers: Sophomore Chaos.

Life will get more chaotic for the brothers as Romeo's dating site explodes with repercussions. But don't worry about Romeo. Someone will show him why love matters.

Now I need to finish other stories before diving into Romeo's book. Plus, we have some long-awaited sequels coming.

See you in the next book.

Angel