Complications

Patrick

After spending time with Rowan, I walked back to the house. I couldn't help the smile formed on my mouth or spring in my step. When I reached the front door, I strolled inside as my brothers glanced at me.

"Where have you been?" Romeo smirked.

"Exploring possibilities," I said.

"More like exploring Rowan's lips," Rafe said.

"That too." I grinned.

Val shook his head.

"So, what are you going to do about the whole situation at school?" Romeo asked me.

"We decided to keep things quiet between us until the semester ends. And I told Rowan about Camille," I said.

My brothers' heads snapped in my direction, and they got to their feet.

"Are you sure that was a wise decision?" Rafe asked me.

"I don't want any secrets between Rowan and me, especially if I want to pursue a relationship with her." I shrugged.

My brothers glanced at each other. Camille caused unnecessary issues, and it took a long time until I took an interest in anyone. I thought Val would beat the hell out of Demarco after what happened.

"Val?" I asked.

"If Rowan screws you over, I won't hesitate to beat the hell out of her or the guy," Val said.

"Whoa. Hold up. Dad would kick your ass if you lay a hand on a girl," Romeo said.

"Do you think I care?" Val asked Romeo.

Romeo shut his trap.

"Rowan isn't Camille. Camille was a spiteful bitch," I said.

"Then we should have no problem." Val shrugged.

"But something caught my attention," I mentioned.

"What?" Romeo asked.

"Rowan mentioned an ex to me," I said.

My brothers looked at me. Rowan didn't elaborate, and I didn't ask her. I'm hoping that it's nothing.

*******
Rowan

Patrick left, and I made something to eat. I kept touching my lips and smiling. They still tingled from his kisses.

Reese strolled into the kitchen. "Why do you look thrilled?"

I finished making a sandwich. "Because Patrick stopped by, and we kissed."

Reese's brows lifted. "No shit." 

I glanced at Reese and smiled.

"Did you tell Patrick about Robbie?"

My smile vanished. "I might have mentioned Robbie, but I didn't mention his name."

Reese gave me a look.

"What?"

"Rowan, you need to tell Patrick about Robbie."

"Robbie is a non-issue. I broke up with him."

Reese knitted her brows.

Bailey walked into the kitchen. "Did someone die?"

"No, but a relationship might die before it starts," Reese said.

"Huh?"

Reese turned her body and faced Bailey. "Rowan didn't tell Patrick about Robbie."