Returning to college life

Patrick

We returned to college to finish the remainder of the semester. Mexico was fun, aside from the drinking episode. I'm never drinking again. Hangovers aren't fun.

You would think things would settle down after returning. Yeah, okay. Nope, they got more interesting with Liam and Reese. I'm not sure what was going on with them, but it didn't make Rafe happy.

********
Liam

I won't lie, but my mind drifted to Reese's kiss. I know we talked about the kiss, but I couldn't get my mind off of it. I finally cornered Reese about it.

I waited until Reese came out of class to talk to her. I spotted her amongst the other students and walked towards her. I grabbed her arm and escorted her way. "We need to talk."

Reese glanced at me. We walked until we found a private area to talk.

"Is there a reason you took me to a secluded place? Because this isn't creepy," Reese told me.

I rolled my eyes. "No, I wanted to talk to you, and I can't do that with everyone around us."

"About what?" Reese placed her hand on her hip while holding her books with her other hand.

"About that kiss."

"We talked about that kiss."

"Yeah, we did."

"I kissed you to keep you from spilling Sage's secret and make Rafe jealous."

I crept towards her. "Yeah, you did. But what if there was more to that kiss?"

Reese arched her brow.

I stood in front of her and looked into her eyes. I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. Reese dropped her books and wrapped her arms around my neck as she kissed me back. Our lips moved in sync with each other. I flicked her lips with my tongue, and she granted me access to her mouth. Our tongues swirled around each other as I deepened the kiss.

After a few minutes, we broke from our kiss.

"Whoa," Reese said.

I stared into her eyes, leaned in, and captured her lips again to make sure I didn't imagine things. As we kissed, Rafe crossed my mind. If my dumbass cousin couldn't get his shit together to appreciate a girl like Reese, he doesn't deserve her.

We broke from our kiss again. Reese pulled away from me. I stood there as she paced.

"I can't believe this," Reese said.

"What?"

Reese stopped and looked at me. "I kissed you to make Rafe jealous, but I felt something in the kisses now."

"Does this surprise you?"

"Somewhat." Reese shrugged.

I crept towards you. "I would never move in on my cousin's girl, but you're not his girl."

Reese knitted her brows.

"If he won't make a move, I will."

Reese's eyes widened. I grabbed her waist, pulled her to me, and crashed my lips into hers. Rafe is a Harper, but I have Shaw's blood pumping through my veins.

We broke from our kiss and rested our foreheads against each other.

"What happens now?" Reese asked me.

"Now, we explore what is happening between us."

"What about Rafe?"

"Rafe will deal with it."