What the hell is wrong with you?

Patrick

Since we had time until Val showed up, we talked.

"So, the professor told me that she interviewed a few people for the job," I said.

"Does that make you happy?"

"Yeah, it does. It's not that I don't enjoy instructing a class, but I have much to learn about teaching."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, you make class pleasurable."

"Oh?" I arched my brow.

"You keep class entertaining." Rowan's lips twisted upward.

I licked my bottom lip.

Rowan scooted closer to me. "So, if they find a new professor, does it change things between us?"

I leaned towards Rowan. "Do you want it to change between us?"

Rowan looked into my eyes. My eyes flicked from her eyes to her lips. Damn, she had beautiful lips.

We leaned into each other until the door opened. We pulled back and looked at Val standing in the doorway. We stood and walked towards the door.

"Are you okay?" Val asked us.

I rolled my eyes, shook my head, and walked past Val. Each time I'm close to kissing Rowan, someone interrupts us.

We came out of the pantry.

"Oh, my God! Are you okay?" Sage asked Rowan.

I cocked my head and squinted my eyes.

"Yep, I'm peachy." Rowan walked away.

I headed to my table, grabbed my stuff, and left. I'm beginning to think the universe is thwarting my efforts with Rowan.

******
Romeo

"What the hell, Val?" I hold out my hands in front of me.

"Please tell me you didn't plan this little closet situation," Val said.

"Locking Pat and Rowan in the closet was plan B. Pat breaking off the door handle was pure dumb luck."

Val shook his head. "Stay out of it. The more you try to push them together, the further you will push them apart."

"There's no rule that says we can't help a brother out."

"Yes, there is. I can give you five of them." Val balled his fist and waved it at me. "Romeo, not everyone needs someone meddling in their business. Stay out of it." Val walked away.

"Stay out of it." I mocked Val.

"You're not staying out of it, are you?" Rafe asked me.

"No, because Pat would be happier with Rowan than without her. Plus, she's way better than troll he dated."

Rafe ran his hand through his hair.

"Time for plan C."

"Great. Plan C is always fun."

I rolled my eyes at Rafe. Ye have little faith in my matchmaking skills. It's a good thing I didn't tell anyone the truth about what I'm doing with my life. My parents would kill me if they found out. But that's another story for another time.

********
Patrick

I got home and set my stuff down when Val came into the house all pissed off. "Why are you pissed?"

"Because Romeo can't leave shit alone. Do you realize that he has his hand in the mix with you and Rowan?"

Now, I would get pissed off if Romeo interfered in my personal life, but not this time."