Thanksgiving with the brothers

Rowan

Everyone headed home for Thanksgiving. Hayes was staying with Casper and his family. Good luck, Hayes.

I rode with Pat, Val, Romeo, and Leokadia. I sat in between Pat and Romeo in the backseat. It wasn't bad, except the car ride aggravated my ribs, which were still healing.

When we arrived at Pat's house, his parents welcomed me with open arms. Leokadia showed me to her bedroom. I set my bag down.

"So, things are going well between you and Pat," Leokadia said.

"Pat is so different from anyone that I have ever met. It's nice not to have a guy treat you like dirt."

"Yeah, I had reservations when I arrived here. Life was the best when you grow up through the foster care system."

I sat down on the bed. "I would have preferred foster care over living with my mom. She blamed me for what Robbie did to me. She said that I had the devil occupying my soul and needed it beat out of me."

"Your mom sounds like a fruit loop."

"That's an understatement."

Leokadia laughed. Someone tapped on the door. We turned to see Pat's mom standing there.

"Do you mind if I join you?" His mom asked.

"Not at all," Leokadia said.

"Oh, thank God." His mom placed her hand on her chest. "A woman can only take so much testosterone."

We giggled. Pat's mom sat down on the bed.

"Thank you for letting me stay here. I appreciate it," I said.

"Of course. You're way better than the troll Pat dated," his mom said.

"I take it that you didn't like Camille."

"The wretched beast needs to burn in hell."

Leokadia and I snickered.

"Plus, it's nice to see a girl tame my hell-raisers."

"You're a dick, Romeo!" Rafe said.

"Takes one to know one!" Romeo said.

"My hellions have proven my point." Pat's mom raised her finger.

"Marty! I'll beat your ass!" Pat said.

"Is that before or after Val drags your stupid ass out of your hiding spot?" Marty asked.

"That's it!"

We watched Pat chase Marty, past the doorway with Val running after them.

Crash!

"What the hell? Do you want me to beat your asses?" Pat's dad asked.

"He started it!" The brothers said.

"I don't care who started what! You've been home for ten minutes! Knock your shit off!"

"Yeah, it's good to have the boys home." Pat's mom stood and helped me.

I followed her and Leokadia downstairs and snuck past the animal house to get a drink. I searched the cabinets until I found a glass and filled it with tap water. I eased onto a stool and sipped my water.

A few minutes later, Pat strolled into the kitchen, grabbed a bag of frozen peas, and placed it on his eye. He sat down next to me.

I sipped my water. "Rough day?"

Pat looked at me and rolled his eyes.

Romeo came into the kitchen, grabbed paper towels, and held it to his nose. Rafe and Marty followed while rubbing the back of their heads.