Falling

Patrick

Demarco and Kyler left after spending the weekend with us. Monday arrived, along with my current issue, regarding the barracuda. I tried to ignore her during class. Eventually, class ended, and I packed up my stuff.

Clara approached me after everyone had left. "Patrick, I need help preparing the midterm for the class. Are you available this weekend?"

"Sorry, I have plans, but send me what you need, and I'll organize the midterm for you." I finished zipping my laptop case.

"It would be helpful if we met to discuss the midterm." The professor stroked my arm with her fingertip.

Now, I have clarified with Clara that I'm not interested. She didn't get the message.

I stepped back and looked at her with my blue eyes. "Email me with what you need, and I'll send it back."

"I prefer to meet with my teaching assistants." Clara crossed her arms.

"I prefer email." I shrugged.  "Now, excuse me."

I walked away before I said something that she would regret, like knock it off, you dusty crop cougar. I never understood why people need to throw themselves at you. Didn't anyone tell them that desperation reeks?

As I headed to class, Romeo caught up with me. "How's cougar central going?"

I cocked my head and wrinkled my nose.

Romeo chuckled. "I'm messing with you, Pat."

"I'm not into barracudas."

"Nah, because they smell." Romeo contorted his face in disgust.

"Isn't there some poor girl that you need to harass?"

"The day is still young."

I shook my head. "You have no shame."

Romeo chuckled. We parted ways as I headed to class. After arriving, I sat down and pulled my stuff out. My phone vibrated. I checked my messages.

Do you want to grab a coffee after your last class? - Bubbles

Does it include this sweet, bubbly girl?

If you play your cards right. - Bubbles

Sweetheart, the deck is stacked in my favor. See, there's this girl with luscious lips that make them kissable.

Is that so? - Bubbles

I would say so since she enjoys sticking her tongue down my throat 😉.

☺️ - Bubbles

I chuckled softly and put my phone away. My following two classes dragged. Why couldn't they blur? It didn't matter because, after my last class, I packed up and hurried out of class. I took significant strides until I reached the bakery. My eyes scanned the area until I spotted Rowan at the counter and walked towards her.

She finished ordering, and I added to the order. Rowan glanced at me, beaming. When the guy returned with our order, I paid for our coffees and food. We found a table and sat down.

"Did you run to the bakery?" I asked, sipping my iced coffee.

"You would think, but no." She giggled. "I figure I would wait in line before people showed up."

People entered the bakery.

"Good thinking. College kids rush to any place that serves an abundance of coffee and food," I said.