Chapter Twenty-Five

(A/N So I love the fact that this story and Maybe? Maybe Not? are like in competition with one another!!! Like at first this was behind but now it's winning! We will see how long the lead lasts! Anyway... Enjoy!! Xx)

Harry’s POV

This day has been the longest day ever. The lunch bell finally rings and I decide to go, even though I sit alone now. I see Megan and she sneaks me a smile and I do the same to her. It sucks not being able to sit with her at lunch. Or talk to her publically at all, but until she is ready to tell people about us, I will wait. I’ll always wait for her. I sigh and pick at my food. I’m not that hungry and I’m really just ready for this day to end. The last bell goes and I rush to my last period. To my luck I beat Nicole there and take my seat. I watch the rest of the class file in and each seat get taken. Nic finally walks in and the only seat that is left is the one next to me. She huffs and walks over to me dropping her things on the table. She avoids eye contact with me and this is how it’s been these last few weeks. She still thinks Megan and I aren’t together and she still hates me. I go to speak to her but our teacher announces we are doing a lab today. Great. Now she has to talk to me. She turns to me once the teacher finishes and sighs.

“Do you wanna get the stuff?”

“Uh sure.” I give her a half smile and get our supplies. Maybe today will go smoothly. I return to our desk and see everything is set up like usual and smile.

“What?”

“Nothing. It’s just that you already have everything ready like you used to do.” I shrug and try to hide my smile again.

“Yeah well this time you are doing your own work.” She hands me the piece of paper and a flask.

“What? I don’t know how to do this.”

“Yeah well it’s time for you to learn.” She starts working on the project and I try to copy her moves but she goes to fast. I end up spilling everything and I hear her laugh lightly.

“So you think this is funny?”

“Just a little bit.” She laughs again and so do I.

“I really have no idea what I’m doing Nic.”

“Oh trust me Harry I can see. Here.” She helps me measure the chemicals and I smile again. “Stop that.” Her eyes don’t leave the flask when she speaks.

“Stop what?”

“Smiling like the freaking Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.” I bite my lip to try and hide my smile and she stands up straight again. “There. Now all you have to do is measure everything and if you can read you can do that.”

“Thanks.”

“Don’t think we’re friends are anything. This lab is affecting both of our grades and I’ll be damned if your little spills cause me to fail.” She looks serious at me and I nod.

We go back to the lab and we don’t speak. I miss my friendship with Nicole. Yes we argued a lot, but it was more like a brother sister arguing. It reminded me of how me and Gemma used to be. Before... He happened.

“Nic?”

“Yes Harry?” She looks up at me before writing something on our lab sheet down.

“Do you think you will ever forgive me?” I ask in all honesty. I can hear my voice crack but cover it with a cough.

“Do you want my honest answer?” I nod. “I don’t know Harry. Maybe. But why do you care if I do?”

“Because we were really good friends and now you don’t even talk to me. Have you not noticed this is the longest we’ve talked in two weeks?” She nods this time her gaze leaving mine.

“I have. I don’t know if I will forgive you Harry. Maybe I will, but lets not force this awkward fake friendship. If we talk again then we talk again.”

“Well we are talking now.” I smile at her again and she rolls her eyes.

“Whatever. Let’s finish this lab before the bell rings.” Nic helps me with my portion of the lab and we finish just before the bell rings. We hand in our work and go our separate ways out the classroom.

“Bye Nic.”

“Bye Haz.” She smiles and so do I. Hopefully things will get better and Megan and I can finally tell the people we care about the most at this school that we are together.

(A/N Awe Harry and Nicole might build their friendship back up!! Cute!! But will that really happen! Comment and Predict!! Xx)