Chapter Seventeen

Liam’s POV

Megan left so quickly I did not get to ask her what time she was showing up to my office tomorrow. It was weird actually. The moment Louis mentioned Harry, she just left. It’s almost like...

“Oh no.”

“What is it Li?” I hear Louis speak but I’m in my own world right now. The bruises. The busted lip. Her being in the hospital. “Earth to Liam.”

“Lou...” I look down at him and see the worry in his face.

“What is it?”

“Does Megan have a boyfriend?”

“Yeah but she never told me who. Just some guy. Why?”

“I... I think Megan is dating Harry.”

“What!” Louis sits up quickly and winces at the pain.

“Boo calm down. You’re going to hurt yourself.”

“Yeah well I wouldn’t even be in here if it wasn’t for him.” He sighs and lays back down. “Why do you think she’s dating him? I mean out of all the guys at our school.”

“Because her reaction when you brought up his name. And when he was hitting you he was saying something about ‘her’ whoever that may be.” I can see Louis putting the pieces together in his head.

“You know what that means right?”

“That he hits her. Yeah. I knew his temper was bad but...”

“Wait how would you know he had a bad temper?”

“Uh... Harry is...”

“He’s that kid isn’t he! He’s the one that you’re always talking about? My damn Liam you could have warned me I was a target for him.” Louis drops my hand and folds it on his chest.

“I didn’t know that he would have done that to you. He never said anything about being violent toward others...”

“Why the hell would he? He beats his girlfriend. That’s not something you go around telling everyone you meet.” Louis’ attitude was starting to agitate me.

“Look. What my student and I discuss is none of your business. I had no idea that he and Megan were together and that he was abusing her. And I sure as hell didn’t know he was going to attack you. So stop yelling at me.” Louis sighs as I take a seat next to him on his hospital bed. He takes me hand.

“Sorry Li Li.”

“You know I hate that name.” He smiles and I do the same. “It’s alright. I will talk to him and get this all straightened out.”

“Ok. Good.”

“I love you Boo bear.”

“God I hate that name, but I love when you say it.” I smile and kiss his forehead lightly.

-Next Day-

I walk into my office and see Megan is already there.

“Hi Liam.”

“Hello Megan. How are you doing?”

“Not good.” She sighs and lays her head on my desk.

“Why is that?” I take my seat and look at all the bruises on her arms. How did no one notice this before?

“Because... I’m so stupid.” I hear her crying lightly and take her hand.

“You’re not stupid Megan.”

“I let him hit me for five months Liam and I’m not stupid? He did that to Louis because of me.” When Megan says that everything clicks. The story Harry told me. His background. That’s why he did it. Her closeness with Louis reminded him of his sister and step father.

“Megan you are not stupid. Confused, yes. But stupid? No. What Harry did had nothing to do with you. We all have our demons we have to fight and Harry fights his physically.”

“Yeah I know.” She points to her bruise wrist.

“You know I have no right in telling you this, but I think you should split from Harry.”

“I already did. A week ago.”

“Oh. Well that’s good.”

“No it’s not. I still love him and I miss him like crazy. Yes he hits me and yeah it hurts but if that means I’m helping him with his pain I would take it, because I love him.” She starts crying again and I just hold her hand tighter. “You see I am stupid.”

“Megan, I honestly think it will be the best for you and Harry to keep away from one another. The space is needed for the two of you. I know that will be hard because of the school but try your hardest alright?” She sighs and wipes her tears before standing.

“Alright. Thanks Liam. I will see you next week.”

“Ok Megan. Bye.” She leaves my room and all I can do is hope she takes my advice.

(A/N That Lilo fight! I’m sorry but the way it ended was so cute!! Love them and now Liam and Louis know about Haz and Megan!! If only they could do more!! Leave comments and predictions!! Xx)