Chapter Thirty-Seven

Megan’s POV

It’s been two months since that night. Two months since I spoke to Harry. Two months for me to even be able to say his name without breaking into tears. Two months of apologetic stares and whispers from my classmates and teachers. Two months of therapy sessions with Liam and long talks with Nell, Nic, and Josh for me to feel like I am an amazing person. Two months of depression. Two months of self hate. Two months and now I am finally back at the place I was before any of this. Happy.

It is finally graduation. This is the last time we will be at Cowell’s: New Hope School for the Troubled. This was it. Once we all walk across that stage this will all be over. Our class valedictorian is Nicole. She made all A’s  and was a great overall student. She gets up to make her speech and I can tell she is nervous but her eyes never leave Niall’s.

“Hello. This year has not been an easy one for any of us, but we made it!” The crowd cheers and Nic continues. “Once we leave here, we have the world to conquer. We can do anything we want. Go to Uni and take classes or go to Uni parties and forget everything that happened the night before.” Another cheer from the crowd. “This is our moment. We are now what we have always dreamed. Graduates. We’ve made great friendships and relationships. It is these relationships that have molded us to what we are now.  Stronger, smarter, and caring. I can personally say that these relationships have made me a better person.” I see Niall mouthed an ‘I love you’ to Nicole and she does the same to him. “I didn’t have a lot coming into this school but now I can say that I have a family.” The stands ‘awe’ and we share a few quick hugs with one another. “We are the graduating class of 2012 and no one can ever take that away from us!” Nicole ends her speech and everyone stands and applauds her.

Nic takes her seat and Principal Cowell comes up on the stage and begins calling names. Everyone cheers once we all got our diplomas and threw our caps when announced we are the graduating class of 2012. There was a reception held in the auditorium of the school. We were all there. Niall and Nicole hand in hand. Janelle and Zayn, making out in the corner, and Josh and I. Not really together but not not together.

“Hey Megan.”

“Yeah Josh?” He looks nervous as he shifts from left to right.
“I was wondering... We have known each other for a while now... No... Umm let’s see...” He keeps fumbling over his words causing me to laugh.

“Just spit it out Josh.”

“I was wondering if you would want to be my girlfriend. I know it’s been hard with ya ‘know but I really like you. I have since that night at the bar and I just really want you to be mine.”

“Josh... I...”

“I get it. I get it. I’m sorry. It was stupid of me to...” I shut Josh up with my lips. Our lips move together and it feels right. Not forced just... perfect.

“I like you too Josh. I always have. Even though you were a dick, you had something that drew me in.”

“So is that a yes bar girl?” He winks and I push him lightly.

“Yes I will be your girlfriend drummer boy.” Josh pulls me into a hug and out of the corner of my eye I see those curls I once called mine rush out of the entrance.

“So are you two official yet?” Janelle asks dragging Zayn along with her.

“Yes we are official.” I run my hand down Josh’s arm and link our fingers together.

“It took you two long enough!” Nic laughs.

“Oh shut up.”

“Let’s make a promise. Right here and now. That this won’t be the last of us.” Niall speaks and we all nod but are confused what he’s assuming.

“So you don’t think we'll be together in the future?” Nicole asks and Niall shakes his head.

“No. I know we’ll be together in the future, I mean our friendships will stay together. After graduation and Uni that we will still be friends.”

“We will be more than friends Niall. We’re a family.” Zayn smiles and we pull each other into a group hug.

This was the moment that I will always remember. No matter what happened this entire year. Regardless of my past. This moment, with the people that loved me the most is the only thing that mattered. They meant the world to me and I know we will do our best to keep this relationship alive. They are my family.

(A/N Awe graduation! And Jegan and perfection!!! This was great to write and this is the last chapter! I will be doing an epilogue with a surprise at the end so stay tuned for that! Thanks!! Xx)