Chapter Fifteen

Niall’s POV

I just don’t get it. Why does everyone have to fight all the time? Why can’t we go one day with just peace. I’m at the park waiting for Nicole to come. I had to call her seeing as though I was mad at Zayn and Harry, and Janelle could just stay with Megan. I’m sitting under a tree when I hear foot steps next to me.

“Mind if I take a seat?” It’s Nicole. I shake my head and she sits next to me but doesn’t speak for awhile. I think she knows I’m trying to figure out what to say. I avoid my eyes from her and keep looking at the grass that’s in front of me. “Megan’s doing ok. The doctors say she will recover healthily.” I finally look at her and she has a half smile on.

“That’s good.” I sigh and rest my head back on the tree. Nicole does the same but her brown eyes never leave my face.

“Ni? Why did you call me here? I mean if you wanted to just sit next to each other and not speak we could have done that indoors.”

“I know.” I didn’t even realize I was crying until she wiped away one of my tears.

“Niall what’s wrong? You know you can tell me anything.”

“I...” Gosh why is this so hard to tell. “When you called Zayn earlier and told him about Megan he and Harry fought. And nobody knows this about me Nic. Ok?” She just nods as I continue my story. “I never really told them the reason I’m here. Yeah we all have our stories but I lied about mine. I guess I wanted to sound cool around Zayn. Funny huh?” She gives me a half smile and her eyes never leave mine. “Back home. In Ireland, my father died. It was hard. Really, really hard not only for me but my mom and brother too. A few years went by and my mom eventually found someone. He was nice at first. He waited until I was about fifteen for him to show his true colors. He would beat my mom.” I watched Nicole’s eyes go wide at my last statement. “Some nights he would drink too much and just wail on her. I would try to stop him, ya know. Take some of the punches for her. But she didn’t like that. She didn’t want me to get hurt, so she shipped me here.”

“Ni. I’m so sorry.” Nicole whispers as she takes my hand in hers.

“But you know what the worst part is?” I hear my voice crack as the tears form. She shakes her head. “I know he still does it. I can hear how sad she is when we talk on the phone. I would have helped her Nicole... I should have helped her.” I begin to cry and Nic pulls me into a hug. I hold her like my life depends on it while I sob in her chest.

“I know Niall. I know. But you can’t blame yourself. You did everything you could.” She begins rocking lightly back and forth and rubs my hair. “That’s why Zayn and Harry fighting upsets you so much?” I nod but keep sobbing. I eventually pull away and wipe my last few tears.

“I just hate seeing people fight. It always takes me back there. And I don’t like it.”

“I understand.” She gives me a warm smile and leans her head on my shoulder, our hands still intertwined.

“Do you know the one thing I will never get?”

“What?”

“How and why my mom and Megan could stay with people that abuse them. It just makes no sense to me.” She lifts her head off my shoulder and stares me directly in the eyes.

“It’s because in some sick way they love those people that abuse them.”

“That makes no sense to me.”

“It makes some sense to me.”

“How?”

“I mean you never can choose who you fall for.” She looks away and looks at our hands. I feel the blush spread across my cheeks. Was she talking about me? Did Nicole fall for me? She finally looks back up at me and smiles. “What...” I don’t let her finish her sentence.

I press my lips to hers. They feel so good. So much better than I imagined. Her response is slow and I’m guessing she is trying to figure out what the hell just happened. But she eventually gets into the kiss and puts her hand in my hair to pull me closer to her. This is the kiss I have been waiting for, for almost seven months. I break away first and I see she is confused by my action.

“Nicole? Will you be mine?” She flings her arms around my neck and begins planting small kisses on my lips.

“Of. Course. I. Will. Be. Yours. Niall!” I finally got the girl of my dream.

(A/N Awe!!! Niall and Nicole!!!! So cute right now!! And his story was so sad! Poor Maura and do not condemn me because I killed Bobby! I love my future in-laws!! Lol! Predict and comment!! Xx)