Chapter Sixteen

Megan’s POV

It’s been about a week since my hospital visit. And since I broke things off with Harry. I do miss him but I can’t take the pain anymore. I get ready for my first period and head to the door only to see Nicole still on the couch.

“Hey. What are you doing here?”

“I was waiting for you to get ready.”

“Why?”

“What do you mean ‘Why?’ we always walk to our first periods together.” She gets up and grabs her bag ignoring my confused face.

“I just thought you would ya know want to walk with your boyfriend.” I see her smile at the term boyfriend. Even though my relationship was shit, her and Niall are the cutest couple.

“Well I can still walk with my best friend. And besides I will see Niall later.” Nic smiles and takes my hand as we walk out the door.

I love Nicole. I honestly don’t know where I’d be without her and Janelle. The day drags on and I skip lunch, not wanting to see those chocolate curls I miss so much. I get to my last period and there is still no Mr. Tomlinson. No one knows where he is. Apparently he caught something and is out, but I think it’s more. The next day I leave the dorm a little early to speak to Liam. I walk into his office and see he is messing with some files.

“Hey Liam.”

“Oh. Megan. I didn’t know I had you scheduled for today.” He looks up at me with hurt in his eyes but I know it’s not meant for me.

“I... uh... I’m not scheduled for today. I just wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Hmm. I’m sorry Megan but can we reschedule. There’s someone I have to see and...”

“Is it Mr. Tomlinson?” He looks up from shuffling the random files.

“Yes.” His voice cracks a little and I see he is holding back tears. But why... oh.

“You two are together huh?” His eyes go wide and I know I’m right.

“We... I mean...”

“Don’t worry Liam. I know Mr. Tomlinson is gay. And you two are cute together.” He smiles and rubs the back of his neck before stuffing those same damned files in his bag.

“Thanks. But I really do have to go Megan.”

“Can you just tell me the truth? Everyone is saying he is just sick, but by the looks of how you’re acting I’m guessing it’s more.” Liam just nods his head. “Is it that bad?” He nods it again. “What happened?”

“I can’t tell you. But he’s in the hospital.”

“Well then let’s go.” I grab my bag and turn for the door.

“Megan you can’t go with me. You will miss class and...”

“I really don’t care Liam. Mr. Tomlinson is my favorite teacher and in some way he’s like the father I always wished mine would have been. Now if he’s hurt I want to see him.” I guess Liam saw I wasn’t joking and he finally gave in.

“Alright. But if anyone asks I did not bring you there. And you found out by some teachers gossiping. Ok?” I nod quickly and Liam and I go to the same hospital I was just released from a few days ago.

We finally get to his room and I see Mr. Tomlinson in the hospital bed. I’m almost brought to tears when I see my favorite drama teacher. His face is covered in bruises and scars. His right eye is so swollen I know he can barely see out of it. His lip was split open but now has stitches in it. He has more stitches covering various areas of his face. But what got me is the oxygen tank that was next to him and plug into his nose.

“Wha... What happened?” I whisper to Liam. I hadn’t realized I was holding his hand until then. We walked into the room still holding hands and Mr. Tomlinson opens his eyes. Or I guess one.

“We were on a date when someone jumped him.” He whispers and I see Louis roll his eyes at Liam.

“Li you’re not supposed to tell her we are together.” Mr. Tomlinson tried to smile but he can’t due to his lip.

“She put it together by herself boo.” Liam smiles and drops my hand for Mr. Tomlinson’s.

“Mr. Tomlinson I’m...”

“Oh please Megan. Just call me Louis. Mr. Tomlinson makes me feel old.” I laugh lightly at my amazing drama teacher. He’s lying in this hospital bed and he is still able to be sassy.

“Ok. Louis I’m so sorry for this.”

“Megan this is not your fault.” Liam says this to me with a smile. His hand never leaves Louis’. God are they the cutest couple. They are definitely runner up to Niall and Nicole. “It’s not like you know the guy that did this.”

“Right. That damned Harry.”

“Wait! What?” Both men looked startled at my tone.

“Harry. You don’t know him do you?”

“I... I... I got to go. But I will be back to visit you Louis and Liam can we schedule something for tomorrow?”

“Uh sure Megan but...” I leave the room before he can finish. There is a certain green eyed devil I need to talk to.

(A/N Crazy right!!! Oh Lord Megan found out about Harry beating up Louis!! Damn damn damn!!! How do you all want or think that will end? Predict and comment please!! Xx)