Chapter Eight

Harry’s POV

I walk into Liam’s office for my weekly session. I see Liam sitting at his desk reading over some files.

“I’m guessing those are mine?” I ask taking my usual seat.

“Yeah. I see you have quite a track record.”

“Er... Yeah I guess I do.” I get embarrassed talking about my past especially knowing it’s the reason I’m here.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Liam asks me.

“Not really, but I’m guessing I have no choice do I?”

“You always have a choice Harry. I never make you do anything you don’t want to.”

“Yeah I guess.”

“So do you?”

“Do I want to what?”

“Talk about your past.” I tense and I can tell Liam notices. “Harry it’s fine. Maybe we can talk about it another day.”

“No. No. Let’s talk about it now.” I begin to speak to Liam about my life before boarding school. “I had a normal life I guess you could say it was average. My mum and father divorced when I was younger and it was just her, my sister, and myself for a while. That is until he showed up and ruined everything. I was around sixteen at the time when my mother decided to remarry. It wasn’t that that got me it was the way he looked at her. Gemma. My sister. I knew he was interested in her. I could just tell. Of course when I tried to tell my mum she did not believe me. She said I was upset because she was now with someone else. I tried to handle it until I saw him make a move on Gemma. She was visiting from Uni and I flipped. I actually got into a fight with my stepfather and when my mom tried to stop us I almost hit her. My fist was inches from her face. I saw the look of fear in her eyes when she thought I was going to hit her. It was that pain that haunts me to this day. The fact that I almost hurt the one woman I care most about in this world like that. I hated myself for that. I still do.” I began to cry at the memory. That was the worst day of my life. “It was that day that she chose him over me and I can’t blame her. If I was her I would have done the same thing.”

“Harry. Don’t say things like that. It will be ok. I’m here.” Liam pulls me into a hug and I hold onto his shirt and cry like I have never cried before. We stay like that for a while. Until my tears stop coming out of my eyes.

“Thanks Liam. For everything.”

“Of course Harry. You know I will always be here if needed.”

“I know. It um looks like our session is over.” I get up and head toward the door. It is then that I see her. Megan. With that damned drama teacher.

(A/N Harry’s story right now so emotional! Maybe this gives a little insight on his abusive behavior!! Comment and predict!! Xx)