Thirty Four

"Jeon Jeongguk."
Mr. Byun reminiscent the name standing in front of the very boy.

There is the so called office party is going on. All are enjoying with soft drinks mingling with heavy drinks anyway. Whereas The main person of this party Jeongguk is walking here and there with a bored face with The ex CEO mr. Byun like a skunk.

The best thing happened today is that he and y/n successfully rejected the tender of the new construction. Lili was in fire. Yet she seems to be a silent person now. Obviously why not her father is here.

Ahh wait, talking about y/n, That betrayer leave him earlier to rot in this hell. Because she has a date today. Now he is stuck here great.

"Yes sir."
Jeongguk said with a pout. Which was definitely not reached the man's eyes.

"I am glad that you chose to work here boy. A good personality like you is really one in a billion to find now a days. Sigh*"

"Th-ank you sir."

"Sigh* no need Jeongguk, no need. Anyway cheers?"
The man said raising his drink glass on the air.

"A-h I don't drink sir. Thank you."
Jeongguk said politely making the man raise his brows with amusement.

Mr. Byun look at the boy for a good amount of time then again he chose to not drink too and placed the glass nearby table with a smile.

"Let's go for a walk Jeongguk if you don't mind hmm?"

"S-ure. But whe-re to sir?"

"Chukle* Let's see."

After taking a long silent walk both the person is now sitting on a bench nearby park. Jeongguk is getting impatient all these time as to why the person is not talking anything. He is even getting late for home. Chiku must be pouting a lot, he thought.

"Who are in your family Jeongkook?" The man asked snapping him back to the reality.

"I have only two person in my family sir. They are my father and my fiance." Jeongkook replied with a smile.

"Fiance? You are engaged?" The man asked stunned.

"Shy* yes sir."

"Must be the luckiest girl alive. I believe that." The man smiled.

"Chukle* It's a he sir. I am gay. And in this case I am the luckiest one here."

"Smile* When I said, you are unique. I meant it. And there is my daughter Lili. She can't even spent a day without thinking of getting high and hurting me emotionally. Well you know Jeongguk, ......

The man paused for a moment, then again started.

"When She was born, I was the most happiest person alive, but not her mother. She always wanted a boy who can inherit our fame our property and the position. But you know what I feel? For me That person either will be the luckiest one or the most luckiest one who has girl as a daughter, who is born to him. And such a person is very rare."

The man completed his words with a fond smile, making Jeongguk smile as well. Well he never felt the emotions of having a girl with him as a sister nor as a daughter. Even the very enotion of having a mother to him is blurry. He has dreams as well to adopt a girl with his Chiku. And now the man's words are making him more excited to have one immediately.

"Things never got back into normal like before. Lili's own mother rejected the very idea of breastfeeding her. The little child cried. Cried a lot. In hunger. To get a warm embrace of her mother.
.
.
.
(Pause)
.
.
"Chukle* You know the irony? The irony is that despite having a millions of dollars, millions of property, cars buildings, I couldn't provide my daughter the basic things she needed that time. The moment her mother should have given her some warmth and a reassuring smile to me the moment she thought to give me divorce papers. That she won't be able to brought up the child with me. She decided to call of the marriage and walk away leaving us behind. Sigh*
.
.
.
And that day I promised to raise her alone. She is well matured now which I am glad about. But I couldn't give her those love of a mother she needed. She hates me. Curses me. Because she thinks that I divorced her mother. She hates me because she saw me slapping that woman who once came to me for money. She hates me because she saw me dragging that woman out of our home without any hesitation. She hates me because I never allowed her to pronounce that mother word inside of my house. How would I ? How can I tell her about that cruel person? How can I tell her that her mother despise her very existence and she became the reason of our divorce how can I Jeongguk?"

"S-ir. I am sor-ry.....
Why you telli-ng me this sir?"

"Chukle* Nothing for any particular reason. It's that I always wanted a person who would listen to me. And I found out you would be the only one."

"I- I -I am sorry for your los-s."

"Umm...."
The man just hummed not uttering anything.

A very uncomfortable silence embraced the boy. Who has no idea about how to reassure the man.

"Sigh* Jeongguk, Please can you help me giving her those real lessons I couldn't. Making her despise drinks like you and all those nasty things she do. I want to have a happy family with my daughter again, like those old days when she was just a child." Desperation is what he is showing to the boy. As he knows Jeongkook is not someone whom his daughter can buy with her money nor her beauty.

"Sir h-ow can I-

"Chukle* I know I know. You c-an't. But-

"Dad."
Their conversation interrupted by Lili. Who is coming towards them. Holding a wine glass and wearing a very short dress to even call them formal.

Jeongguk just rolled his eyes. How the hell he can even make her sensible enough? The fact is that she never deserves the man as a father who is now sitting with agony holding a lot of love for his only daughter, ready to even fold his hands to see her as a human he wanted to.

"Haaaa?"
He said looking at her with a smile as if he never was in a verge of crying.

"Dad I've been searching you all around why the hell you went away without informing me. Now all the guests are asking me about your whereabouts and you are chilling here. Great just great." She said crossing her hands.

"I -I actu-

"I called sir for a business discussion ma'am. I am sorry for that."
Jeongguk interrupted.

"Oh Jeongkook! Aren't you enough satisfied invading into my private ideas now that you wants to impress my father too? Tell me are you planning for my CEO seat t-

"LILI. DON'T FORGET THAT YOUR FATHER IS STILL STANDING HERE WITH YOU. And that CEO position is still mine. I never handed over it to you officially. To get that position show me your worth otherwise Jeongkook is more deserving then you, which I can only say now. I will be more then glad to do that." The man stated then walk away, leaving a very fuming girl behind.