☺︎︎ Epilogue

"Wait a minute–" Mark gasps as everyone fell into silence after Bongsik was done explaining everything to them.

"My great grandfather was one of the vampire hunters back then?" Pupils slightly shaking as Bongsik meows at him in reply.

Snapping his head towards Jaemin, the latter raises a brow when Mark suddenly gets off the beanbag and falls onto his knees, now bowing down to him.

"Uhm Mark? I told you guys to stop joking about this whole royalty thing, it's n–"

"My deepest apologies, Jaemin Na, for whatever wrongdoings my great grandfather or anyone else in my family has done to yours and your kind." Mark said with his face still almost pressed down on the floor.

"I'm not expecting any forgiveness, especially if it's not genuine. But I just want to–"

"Mark, get up." The raven haired boy almost flinches at the sound of Jaemin's deep voice.

Shrugging off the feeling of fear and guilt creeping up to him, Mark lifts his head up before yelping when he's been pulled off the ground and onto his sturdy feet.

Jaemin sighs and looks at him with an aloof face, Mark could hear Bongsik's small snicker nearby and thinks that the feline is laughing at him right before his possible death.

But he freezes when Jaemin starts talking again, "don't be a fool, Mark. I get why Bongsik doesn't like you as much." Muttering under his breath at the last part.

Although, everyone heard it anyways as the room has been quiet due to the awkward tension going around.

Jeno nudges his vampire boyfriend on his side in return, his actions now a habit when it comes to scolding Jaemin's –sometimes– harsh behavior towards others.

As if on cue, the elder boy grunts and shrugs his shoulders. "But I appreciate of you apologizing on behalf of your great grandfather."

"However, that was so long ago, Mark. There's nothing we can do about the past, let's just be grateful our society now is gradually developing." He states.

But then the raven haired boy was at it again, continuing to ramble on. "But my great grandfather was one of the people who tried to kill you! They burnt your apartment down and–"

He stops himself when he saw Jaemin's once aloof face turn into an annoyed look. "Sorry..." Mumbling sheepishly as he scratches his nape.

The vampire prince rolls his eyes, "just don't worry about it anymore, Mark. I don't care at all, sure it was a horrible time." Mark immediately cringes at the mention of that.

"But if you're worried that I'll look at you differently now just because of who you're related to and the same person has had some history with me, then you're wrong."

"Now quit worrying, you look weird." Another nudge was earned as Jaemin gives Haechan a quick glance. "Make sure your boyfriend doesn't apologize to me again about the same thing." He said.

The tanned male snorts as he pulls Mark by the arm, sending them back onto the bed to join him and Yangyang who were already occupying it.