Birthday and Shenanigans

After the twins open their gifts Shuri brings in the cake passing out slices. Everyone laughs as the twins make a mess little Natasha putting some frosting on little Steve's head. Little Steve turns and put some on little Natasha's head. Aurora giggles watching the twins. She pauses and smiles at Bucky as he starts to clean them up. " Please excuse me."

Aurora steps out back and looks across the lake and the tree line. Steve steps up next to her. " What are you doing out here sweetheart.?"

Without taking her eyes away from the tree line." I thought I saw something."

" Do you want Sam and I to take a look?" Steve looks towards the tree line.

She slowly shakes her head." No it was probably just a deer."

Steve nods." Yeah maybe lets go back in."

They make their way back in to the party. After a few hours people start saying their goodbyes and start to head out. Bruce and Wanda take the twins up to the nursery and put them to bed. Everyone heads to bed, Aurora stops and checks on the twins before turning the light off. " I am exhausted who knew that birthday parties took so much energy." She stretches.

Bucky was sprawled out on the bed." I know I don't think we stopped to even sit ."

She crawls into bed and snuggles up to him. He plays with her hair a little before rolling her over and kissing her softly. She giggles and kisses him back running her finger through his hair. She pauses and listens then looks at the baby monitors seeing both toddlers peacefully sleeping.

" What is it babygirl?" He kisses her neck.

" Nothing thought I heard something." She turns back to him.

He glances at the baby monitors." Seems everything is fine."

She nods and cuddles into Bucky. He holds her tight and they both drift off to sleep. After a few hours Aurora shoots up out of bed to the twins screaming and crying. " Bucky...Love get up something is wrong."

Bucky scrambles out of bed and heads out of their bedroom with Aurora close behind. They run into the nursery seeing both cribs empty. Aurora's eyes go wide and whispers." No."

She and Bucky run down stairs now joined by Wanda, Sam and Steve. She stops seeing the back door open. She scrambles to the back door screaming." NO."

She hears the twins crying still sounding close. She runs towards the cry's. Bucky calls out. " Aurora....Baby wait for us."

She doesn't slow down knowing Bucky and her dad would be close behind. She stops seeing the twins standing just at the tree line of the woods and she runs to them. Just before she reaches them Sharon steps out pointing a gun. " I don't think so dear sweet cousin."