Chapter 58: Taken

Clara's POV:

Clara's POV:

"Hey it's not fair. I have to catch you all by myself." I pant leaning against a wall.

"You are a grown up." One of them reasons with a giggle. I roll my eyes.

"So? You will be too. And for your information children are more energetic." I say.

I am at A&A. An orphanage in the name of my parents. They were working on it but didn't get to finish it. After my mom died my father abandoned this place like it never existed. I finished the project with the help of my grandfather and uncle.

There is a school attached to it named Armelica.

I've been spending time here with them for the past month. The orphanage is a mansion and anyone who works here has been interviewed by me, my uncle and my grandfather. Which means they are all nice and safe. It's hard to get through our filters. With my uncle being a cop and my grandfather a mobster.

We do a background check and interview them and watch them for a while just to make sure these children do have a safe environment.

A place they can hopefully call home. We have some special psychologists helping them and talking with them. They may be young but they have been through a lot. If we don't start working on them when they are still young they might be far more damaged when they are older.

They might hurt themselves among others just to heal if we don't help them do it now.

Plus a dark past can turn one into a monster if you don't prevent it with love and professional help.

"Clara look." Andy a three year old says.
Walking on his hands.

"Nice job." I smile.

They were supposed to have a nice normal childhood afraid of monsters under their bed not facing them and loosing to them.

Some of the villains in their stories were their parents. I am glad that they are safe here.

I saw a truck approaching us and stopping in front of us.

I walk toward it as the driver gets out.

"Hi. I am here to deliver a package to Miss Clara Aloisio." He says.

"That's me." I say.

"Please sign here." He says.

"Who send it?" I ask.

"Mr Francesco Altieri." He says.

Francesco? How does he know that I am here? Did my grandfather told him?

I sign them thanking the guy. He opens the truck and it's full of toys.

"Kids." I call them over. The run toward me.

"Wow." Some say. Going in and picking toys for themselves.

"Who would've thought my little torturer would go to her orphanage." A voice says from behind me.

"Francesco." I greet. He is standing behind me in his suit.

"Clara." He says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in disbelief.

"Thought I should pay you a visit after you just vanished." He says.

"Clara look at this." Mary points to her doll. I smile at her.

"Thought it wouldn't matter to you." I tell him.

"But it does matter to me." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I care about you." He says.

He cares about me? It's good but is it enough.

"Oh ok. Well I am fine." I say as I turn around and walk toward the orphanage.

"Why did you left?" He asks following me. He grabs my hand and turns me around.

"Cause I wasn't feeling like myself anymore." Half true.

"But why? Is it because of that attack?" He asks worried.

"No." I mumble. Should I lie? But then I will always remember this moment as one that I could change everything by opening up and revealing my feelings.

"I was feeling things." I add under my breath. He raises a brow.

"Was it by any chance love? It terrified you, didn't it?" He asks.

This is too much. I close my eyes. I can deny but then what? I will live knowing I lied in one of my most important moments. So I nod, looking away.

He grabs my chin.

"Look at me." He says. I do.

"I love you." He says.

"I've been fighting it for too long but I do. I want to be with you. Spend my minutes with you." He adds.

Am I dreaming?

"What?" I ask.

"But I thought you said love isn't for you?" I ask.

"Yes loving someone weak who can't handle my lifestyle isn't. But loving Clara Aloisios is." He says and kisses me. Hungrily, like I am a drug he has been denied.

I pull away catching my breath.

"Come back with me. We will visit here weekly if you want. But come back." He says stil holding my face.

"I wanted to know who I wanna be." I mumble.

"You will. Don't worry. Don't rush it. You will figure yourself out. Just give yourself some time." He says.

"Are you sure you are alright?" I ask.

"It seems like not having you by my side knocked some sense to me. Suddenly I was aching for a presence I never thought I need." He says.

"Where is your room?" He asks. I guide him to it. He helps me pack my stuff.

"But I don't feel like I belong back there." I mumble.

"You may not belong back there but you do belong by my side." He says.

Was distance all he needed to be a romantic? Maybe he needed it more than me.

He grabs my suitcase and hand and leads me out to his car.

"Clara are you leaving?" A blonde boy, Jake asks.

"I will be back." I say with a smile. He nods hugging me. Soon others joined. All hugging me and asking me to visit them soon.

"You turned a mansion into an orphanage." He says while driving us back.

"Yes. They deserve it." I mumble.

"In your parents name." He adds. I smile he remembers. I nod.

A week passed and I have spent most of my time with Francesco.

I was going his club, walking around the city when a van stopped in front of me and ten men got out of it.

They all have guns. Great. Awesome.

"Get in or we will shoot you." One says.

As much as I would love to kill them all I am no superhero. How can I fight ten with guns. 

So I smile to myself shaking my head as I approach the van.