Chapter 57: Vanish

Clara's POV:

Clara's POV:

"I..." I start but was cut off by Valerie.

"Thank you so much." She says taking Marco with a smile.

Alessandro right behind her.

They seat down and she gives Marco to him.

"You wanted to tell me something." Francesco says.

"Later." I say. He nods with a frown.

Five minutes later. Belle came. She is leaning against Dante. Looking pale.

"Don't worry after having something I will be better." She whispers. He kisses her cheek.

"You have a history pretending to be good." He sighs. She pouts.

"Sorry." Dante says. Kissing her head.

They seat and food arrives after ten minutes.

"Eat." Dante whispers to Belle. She nods.

Alessandro and Valerie are feeding their son some vegetables and having some bites themselves.

"Here." He puts a fork full of spaghetti in front of her mouth. She opens her mouth and he feeds her.

We get up after paying the bill.

"It was nice meeting you girls." I tell them. Belle is going back to Nice.

"Yes. We can make plans and meet again." Belle says. Valerie agrees. Then we part going to our own car.

I realize I like them a lot. The group friend. The support. It's good to be around people like yourself sometimes.

"Can we visit the city tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yes. You wanted to tell me something." He says.

"Later." I say.

"Clara come on if you want to say something just do it." He says.

"I will when we are back." I say.

***

After visiting the city and the tourist attractions we decided to head back to the airport. I have to hand the contract back to my grandfather and Francesco has works to do.

"I want to resign." I said while we were sitting in his private jet.

"I don't like doing my job anymore." I add with a shrug. He nods.

I have an amazing plan. I will vanish. Francesco doesn't seem to be in love with me and I need some time to think about my life. Vanishing makes sense.

I want to have a goal. A goal that isn't continuing my father or grandfathers way. I will carry their businesses but I want to have something of my own.

"You weren't a good employee." He mumbles.

"You were an awful boss." I say and close my eyes.

***

"Wake up." Francesco shakes me in my sleep.

I get up and collect my stuff.

Will I meet him again? Or was the job the only connection between us? Does he feel anything for me? Or was it just lust?

Should I take a cab from here?

"I will drive you home." He says. I nod.

Following him to his car, he opens the passenger door for me.

"Thanks." I mumble.

We drive home in silence. So this is it?

"Thanks." I say as he parks in front of my building.

"Wanna come in for a drink or something?" I ask. Just to be polite. It's not like I want to spend some time with him or anything. Not at all.

"No. I have some works to do. Later." He says. I nod, leaving him.

Later? Later when?

I take a shower and feed my snake.
Then I send the documents and contracts to my grandfather.

I want to leave. I want to be on my own and I know the right place for that. With that in my mind I pack my bags again but this time for a long journey.

I call my grandfather informing him. I know he will figure where I am gonna go so it's better to tell him myself and there is no point in worrying him.

I give my snake enough food to live on for a few months.

Then take my stuff and leave without thinking much of it. I don't know how long will this journey be but if it's gonna help me it doesn't matter.

*****

A week later:

Francesco's POV:

I arrive at Clara's house after driving for fifteen minutes. The true is after what she has been through I am a little worried about her. Specially now that she isn't answering my calls or messages.

"Hi Mr Altieri." The lobby man greets. I nod.

"Ms Aloisios isn't home." He adds.

"Since when?" I ask.

"Since last week. She came back, packed and left." He answers with a shrug.

So she is gone. But where is she? Is she alright? Is she coming back?

Suddenly I am worried about her. I know she is more than capable to take care of herself but what if she gets hurt and there is no one to take care of her? What if she thinks she can stand against the world all by herself while in reality she needs a hand to hold hers?

Another week has passed without a thing about her and is driving me insane. Is she fine? Is she eating properly? Was anything bothering her here?

Soon a week turned into a month. I felt empty. Like something is lacking. Drowning myself in my job so I wouldn't think about her, her sound, her laugh, her scent, her eyes and the way she felt in my arms like she truly belonged there. Like my embrace was a home she needed to come to.

Some would say Clara is crazy or psycho but she is my psycho.

She made me feel alive, she made me feel things even if it was annoyance.

I couldn't even look at another female. Any time I take a glance I am reminded of her. So enough is enough.

I am done torturing myself and fighting my feelings. I don't care about labels but if next month is my last I would rather spend it with her than by myself or any other person.

I might not be able to show my feelings what I feel deeply.

I grab my phone and call the only person I am sure who knows where is she. I just hope he answers.