Chapter 26: Gala

Clara's POV:

Clara's POV:

"Wow aren't you the nicest person out there?" I ask sarcastically.

"WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT?" He asks again.

"I will call you later." I say hanging up. It wasn't a nice time to ask for something. Something such as killing my ex boss.

What can I do to make today way better and less boring? Drink duh.

****

I wake up getting ready for today. I arrived at the mob house after twenty minutes. When I was about to enter I noticed something. A head hanging on the entrance. What the fuck.

It's the head of that stupid spy or rat or whatever. I gulp looking at it. Francesco is deadly serious about his mafia. This might be a warning to everyone. To see what happens if they disobey him.

I enter going to Francesco's office. I knock and enter after he allows me to. He is sitting behind his desk. He looks devilishly handsome.

"Hi. What should I do for today?" I ask. He nods handing me a file. I was about to grab it when I noticed an envelope. I know that envelope. How could I forget about this? The gala.

Tonight is the night of the gala. The gala my father used to attend. The gala that happens every year and it's just for the mob bosses. I know that envelope since childhood.

That means my ex boss will be there and I can kill him.

"You will attend that right?" I ask pointing to the envelope.

"Even though it's an important one I won't attend it." He says rolling his eyes.

"Why?" I ask.

"None of your business." He says.

"Ugh come on. Let's attend. I can kill my ex boss." I say.

"Be my guest." He says pushing the envelope toward me.

"Come on. They won't let me in without you and he will be there I can't loose this opportunity. Look I will drug him with something. They will think he died cause of an illness." I say.

"No." He says shrugging.

"Come on you promised me." I say. He sighs.

"Ok. We will do this and you'll stop nagging about that ex boss of yours." He says rolling his eyes.

"Thanks I better get going." I say taking my leave.

After doing my job. I hand the file to Francesco. He will pick me up for the gala. He said he doesn't trust me coming on my own. He said I might arrive late and waste his precious time. That he hates waiting.

I go home getting ready for the gala. And here is the billion dollar question. What should I wear?

Red or black? I will go with red. Like the fire I am. A simple red gown. After taking shower and doing my makeup and hair style I wear the gown.

I put the drug in my clutch. What if they search it? I hope not. I wear black heels matching with my clutch.

Francesco calls me saying he's arrived. I made my way down. His driver opens the door for me. I seat next to Francesco. He checks me out.

"You have a driver?" I ask raising a brow.

"Yes but I don't use them. But tonight I have to." He says. He is leaning in his seat. His left arm on the window.

"Tonight you will behave right?" He asks. I nod immediately.

"Of course. I am always behaving." I say rolling my eyes.

"Don't go around making troubles and if you disrespect me I will show you the consequences in front of everyone. I won't let you ruin my reputation." He says. He is fucking threatening me.

"Come on have I ever done that?" I ask. He glares at me.

"They will think I am making a point by going there after sending that rats body parts to each mob." He says.

"Oh you send it to them?" I ask.

"Yeah. Each part to all of them. They will learn the price of spying on me." He says fisting his hand. I nod.

"Did he say who he was working for? I mean I killed some of them along with their boss." I say shrugging.

"Clara he was a rat. You killed his current boss he will find a new one. That's how they work. A rat is unable to be loyal. That's his nature." He says. I nod.

"I have a question. Will they search my clutch and all?" I ask.

"You're with me they won't dare." He says I nod.

Something caught my attention.

"Champagne." I say grabbing the bottle along with a flute glass.

"No Clara. Don't." Francesco says. I shake my head.

"Come on join me." I say. He shakes his head.

"You will embarrass me." He says sighing. I roll my eyes.

"Of course not." I say gulping down my first glass. Oh did I mention I opened the champagne without spilling a single drop. I smile proudly to myself. 

"You know what's missing?" I ask.

"I don't care." Francesco says.

"The music." I say.

The first music wasn't over when we arrived. I sigh in disappointment. Getting out with Francesco. We linked our arms, entering.

He showed them his invitation. They nod in respect showing us the way. We entered and let me tell you all eyes were on him.

"Wow you're quite famous." I say looking at them. He remains quiet.

"You see, I am usually used to attentions and all but I don't think it's good when I am here to kill my ex boss." I say.

"Yeah? What do you suggest me to do? Ask them not to stare?" He asks sarcastically. He is a short tempered guy in my opinion.

I look around for my ex boss. He isn't here yet. I sigh. It's a long night he will be here. I hope.

Many come to us introducing themselves. Some kissed my hand, checking me out. I am standing next to Francesco with his hand on my waist. We were talking with some when I noticed someone on the stage.

Oh I thought I would never see him again.