Chapter 35: Grand pa

"Do you want ice cream?" He asks. She nods.

"Let's go." He says grabbing her hand taking her away.

After buying her ice cream he took her shopping. He bought her jewelries and clothes and everything she wanted.

"Why are you buying me all this?" She asked politely.

"Cause I want our first official meeting be special." He says.

And that was the beginning of him spoiling his grandchild.

They were talking while when someone entered.

"Oh that's your uncle. Ethan." Her grandfather says pointing to the guy who entered. Clara smiled shyly.

"Hi uncle." She say with a wave. She immediately warmed his heart.

"Hi." He says going to her.

Ethan was a busy man running his business and all, he didn't have time to meet her and now that he lost his sister he realized nothing's more important than family.

After his loss he changed. He would leave his meeting if they called him, making times for them and spending weekends with them.

Ethan was a different man. He married at thirty. But he didn't accept a coin from his father. He said he lost his sister because of the mafia and all so he can't accept it and frankly he didn't need it. He was rich himself. Having a hotels and being a chief.

He had his hotels when he was younger but after loosing his sister he became a cop at twenty six and soon he was a chief. He was a billionaire himself but enjoyed working as a chief.

When he told his father his decision he expected him to stop his business or something but instead he laughed and shrugged. He said it's better that way he could give it all to his Clara. Clara was like a daughter to him. He adored her.

Deep down Arsenio Achille knew that Clara would take over his business. His mob and everything. That's why he forced her to study business in university. He used her mother to convince her. Telling her she studied the same.

Meanwhile Armani was a mess. He destroyed his business. He burned everything down but not before putting all the moneys in a back account in her daughters name.

He didn't wanted the mafia that got his love away from him. He was suffering. Soon when his enemies found out that his mob is destroyed they started threatening him.

"What's this?" Armani asks grabbing the paper Andrea was reading.

"Sir give it back." She pleaded.

"Shhh." Armani says focusing on it.

It was a threat. They were threatening his little daughter. His wife's memento.

"Is it the only one?" Armani asked.

Andrea shakes her head pointing to the trashcan full of papers.

"Oh my..." Armani said.

"I will start training her twenty four seven. I will become the monster of her story if that's what it takes to save her." He mumbled to himself.

"Wake her up tomorrow at five." He said.

"Don't you think that's a lot? Maybe we could hire some gu..." Andrea was about to start when he cut her off.

"No Andrea you and I both know that no one can save her except herself. She needs to become a warrior as soon as possible." He said.

"What if she breaks?" Andrea asked.

"She won't. She is my daughter. She is an Aloisios." He said and left.

Armani was a proud man. He could've ask Arsenio for help but didn't. His pride didn't let him. Arsenio was a powerful man. He would destroy each one of them who dared to threaten his granddaughter.

That's when the torture began. He tied Clara to a chair and forced her to watch murder and torture scenes. She was tied to that chair for three days. Even her head was tied to the place so she couldn't move it.

"Father please I will be a good girl." Clara pleaded but it was useless. Armani left her but after exiting the room he broke down and sobbed.

Than he forced her to kill. He locked her in a room with a man who was tied to a chair and didn't open the door till she killed him. Clara could swear she heard her father sob by the door but thought she's hallucinating.

Clara didn't utter a word to her grandfather or uncle. She didn't want them to get mad at her father. But they knew something was off.

When Armani realized who killed her wife he became merciless. He joined mobs just to torture. He killed to turn off the burning rage inside of him.

He was mad at everyone and everything.

Clara once saw him drunk. She just sat next to him staring at him.

"Clara do you believe in after life?" He asked. Clara just stared.

"Well I don't but I like the idea. The idea of meeting her again. The idea of having her in my arms again." He whispered. Soon he was crying for his loss. He missed her terribly.

"I can dream about her. Imagine her. But sometimes the reality is too harsh to let me continue. You see you are in the middle of this dream and you realize that is far away from your reality. That you will never have that again or at all and little by little the dreams hurt too cause they start to remind you of the things you could possibly never have." He said and chuckled to himself.

Or be. Things you could never be. Clara wanted to add.

"Conscious fulfilling, the darkness revealing All faults and insecurities are shining like the sun Eyes are decieving Your mind will stop breathing and All that you are made of will now rightly become mine
You know it, you feel it I know when you're sleeping I know the things you're dreaming I love it when you're weeping Even death can't stop this feeling." Her father mumbled to himself.

Later Andrea argued with her.

"What's your point? You want her to hate you?" She asked.

"Yes yes Andrea. You see loosing a loved one hurts. It hurts a lot. But when I am not her loved one they won't be any pain. I don't want her to suffer what I suffered from." He said.

They heard a noise. That's when they noticed Clara standing there listening to them.