Chapter 48

CHAPTER 48

Chapter inspired by: Black Balloons by Denzel Curry

May 14, 2022

Time: 8:59 PM

"Are you okay? You've been a little down for the past few days." Suna says while resting his chin on the top of your head.

A quiet sigh escapes your lips as you continue drawing within your sketchbook.

"Yeah, it's just that...something feels off. If that makes sense." You say while dragging the pen across the paper and shading around the lines.

The past few days have been restless on you. Sleepless nights, and the amount of times you've felt a dark feeling loom over you made you shiver in unease. It was definitely frightening and it caused you to be on edge throughout the day.

You've become increasingly tired and drowsy due to constantly twisting and turning around at night from not being able to fall asleep.Not to mention your emotions were all over the place.

Sometimes you'd wake up with fresh tears fogging up your vision as they streamed down your cheeks; despite not experiencing anything sad. An empty feeling would always be present during these moments. You couldn't quite remember anything that could have caused you to cry, your memory was blank.

There was no obvious factor that you could distinguish that could possibly be the reason for the way you've been. It was almost like the universe was giving you a small piece of something you would soon experience.

"Like what?"

"I actually have no clue... it almost feels like someone is- about to leave which has made me on edge." You say while shading in the petals of the rose you have been so busy drawing for the last hour.

"It may be nothing, but hopefully everything is fine. I trust your intuition." Suna says while planting a kiss on the top of your head.

"Yeah, hopefully it's nothing." You say while setting your pen down and checking carefully at the drawing in your lap for any minor imperfections. "By the way, I'm done. Does this look good enough?"

Handing Suna the notebook, you look up and see his eyes scanning every little detail of the rose. A dove was holding the rose in its mouth as it looked like it was about to fly away. There were exactly 15 petals on the rose and your name was written on the stem of the flower because Suna requested it to be there.

"This looks amazing, I can't wait to get this tattooed on me." He says with a huge smile while handing the notebook back to you.

"When would you like me to tattoo this on you anyways?"

"The day after graduation." Suna says without a trace of hesitation which makes you curious.

"Is there a specific reason?"

"Yeah, but I can't tell you that just yet." He says while scooting off the bed and heading towards your closet.

Suna opens the door and takes out a basket filled with his clothes and takes out a shirt and sweatpants. He gestures that he's going to change in the bathroom which makes you nod your head.

Seeing him getting ready to sleep, you do the same and walk towards your closest in search of some comfortable clothing for the night.

The bathroom door opens and Suna walks out with his toothbrush in hand as he brushes his teeth allowing for you to change. You nod before walking inside and quickly slipping out of your clothes and into the ones you brought.