Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

Recommended song: The Midnight Sun Will Never Set by Quincy Jones

(I apologize for the long chapter ahead)

August 23, 2019

Time 7:13 AM

"Remind me again why we're walking to school so fucking early", you say, letting a yawn escape your lips due to the lack of sleep.

"I told you this already. They're having a sale on chuupets at the grocery store and I need to get my hands on some''.

"I still don't understand why we had to start walking this early".

"Oh (Y/N), you don't understand. They have this sale like every month and every time I've gone it's packed", he said while sighing to himself. "All the moms like to go early to buy a whole stash of them".

"I find that hard to believe".

"You won't believe me now, but you will in around 5 minutes or so".

"We'll see".

Time: 7:19 AM

"It's 7 in the morning ", you say in utter shock at the scene displayed right in front of you.

There were grown adults sprinting in and out of the store holding bags of what you can only guess were chuupets. Arguments igniting between shoppers outside of the stores only left you speechless. Inside the market was no better. There was even more chaos within the isles and checkout lines. You were left wide eyed and held onto Sunas backpack so you wouldn't get lost in the wave of people.

"Okay I'm sorry for doubting you earlier, like this is actually insane", you said with a hint of shock in your voice.

"See I wasn't playing, this literally happens every month, and it gets way more crowded later on".

Following Suna to a relatively empty spot near a few boxes of the jelly snack, you watch as he grabs a plastic bag and grabs as many packets as he can fit.

Suna fills up the bag to the point where you weren't able to see any empty spots. He then directs you to the checkout line where he pays for his favored snack. Looking at a bag of chips you wait behind Suna so you can pay for the snack.

Once you both paid for the snacks, you quickly maneuvered yourselves to an increasingly growing crowd. Once outside, Suna and you were able to witness another fight break out between two shoppers. Suna was reaching to get his phone out before you quickly nudged him to start walking.

"Suna you can't just record random people fighting".

"Aww C'mon, I could've shown it to the twins later". He says with a fake pout. "It could've gone viral too".

"True but it was best to just leave it alone...even if it was a bit funny".

The both of you laugh as you make your way to school.

Time: 7:36

"Damn, we're 14 minutes early", Suna groans out. "But at least we aren't late, and we're early with a lot of chuupets", he says shaking the bag.

"Since you have so much, let me have one".

"Sure".

As he hands over the bag, you search through the various packets. Deciding on a mango flavored chuupet, you rip the packaging and savor the taste.

"I can see why you love these so much".

"I love these so much I'm willing to fight angry moms in order to get my hands on them".