Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Recommended Song: Righteous Mind by Joey Bad$$

August 15th, 2019 (8:31 AM )

'Man this shit is really boring. Is it actually going to be like this for the next three years?'

Currently you were listening to what your homeroom teacher had to say. It was just a bunch of introductions and expectations of what the school year will soon look like. You were just praying that lunch would come by quicker.

'I wonder where I'll stay for lunch. Probably somewhere quiet'

Looking out the window you begin to zone out from your current surroundings. Something so simple gives you a sense of peace in your dull world; A mini escape from reality. The sounds from the classroom vanish while you admire the basic scenery that was being displayed out in the open. The leaves in the trees were swaying in the heated summer breeze, and you could only wish you were outside instead of this cliche lecture. Your eyes suddenly caught sight of a busted old bench beside a cherry blossom tree. From the looks of it hasn't been tampered with in awhile. It was amusing seeing how such a pitiful bench was beside a tree with so much life. An idea pops in your head, and you've decided where you'll be staying for lunch.

*RING*

'Finally', you thought.

As soon as the bell rang, you took your belongings with you and headed out to eat the bag of chips you bought earlier in the morning.

(Y/N's) POV:

'It's so crowded, how can people stand to stay here'.

Walking through the halls always made me feel anxious, I hated walking by myself anywhere without music. It would always be a pain if I forgot my earbuds at home because then I would have to listen to random students ramble, and just in general loud noises

'I just wish I wasn't walking alone, walking to class together was our thing'.

Sometimes I really hated bringing up the past whenever I wasn't home because all it made me want to do was cry. I took in one deep breath and exhaled in order to control my breathing. My only friend back in Tokyo would constantly remind me to take deep breaths in order to calm down, because he knew how difficult it was for me to come back to my senses.

END OF (Y/N'S) POV

Making her way over to the old bench she saw earlier through the window, she sat down and shuffled her playlist and began eating the chips she purchased earlier. A moment like this was hard to obtain in (Y/N's) case so she attempted to cherish it.

The peaceful moment was then interrupted when an unfamiliar girl began to approach her, along with two other girls following behind.

"Hey my name is Mai and I couldn't help but notice that you're all alone, can we sit down with you?", she asked.

"No thank you", you stated.

"Excuse me?"

"Im fine by myself, thank you"

"Well you don't have to be all rude about it"

"I wasn't being rude, simply just stating my answer"

"Well, have fun being a loner with no friends", she stated.

"It's fine, I probably wouldn't want to be friends with you guys in the first place", you responded with a monotone voice.

"You know I can help you make more friends right? You're being really ungrateful right now".