Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

Recommended song: In Your Own Sweet Way by Wes Montgomery

October 23rd, 2019

Time: 2:31 PM

"So what are you going to dress up as for Halloween", Hina asked, glancing at you out of the corner of her eye.

"Hmm, I haven't really thought about it". You said while looking up. "Maybe I'll ask Suna if he wants to match".

"Well we only have a week left basically, so you better decide quickly".

"True true, I'm excited though since Halloween's on a Saturday this year".

"Same, wait who's going besides us?"

"I'm pretty sure it's the twins, Suna, Aran, Ginjima, and maybe Kita".

"Ah I see, anyways I have to go home early today, I'll see you tomorrow", Hina says while walking towards the gates.

"Bye".

With Hina leaving, that left (Y/N) to walk by herself to the volleyball gym; The place where she'd been going to almost everyday since August.

In these last 2 months (Y/N) had been able to feel like her old self again. The past self she lost around 2 years ago was slowly coming back piece by piece. Becoming more open, she befriended a few people from the volleyball club who she found were nice people to be around.

Hina and (Y/N) had become good friends, the brown haired girl often staying with (Y/N) to watch volleyball practice. She was an enjoyable girl to be around and often kept (Y/N) on edge due to her hyperish personality.

Apart from Hina, she'd also become closer friends with Atsumu and Osamu. She'd often spend the weekends at their house doing whatever it is they felt like doing. This included (Y/N) and Atsumu gossiping about new school rumors and Osamu listening intently. The girl had grown a close friendship with the blonde-haired boy, frequently turning to the boy for advice or just someone to vent to if Suna was busy.

Speaking of Suna, the green eyed boy had grown closer to (Y/N) these past few months. The two would almost always walk to and from school together, or facetime until the sun started peaking over the horizon. Their friendship had obviously grown much more than the rest and she was grateful. Apart from everyone, she felt like she could rely on Suna the most and he could rely on her. It was a mutual feeling considering the fact that Suna and (Y/N) would be with each other practically everyday. They were the closest out of the group and everyone knew, besides the two individuals in question. The twins, Hina included, would often catch Suna staring at (Y/N) with this look in his eyes that they weren't able to distinguish. Though it was a little obvious what it was.

The friend group of five had all become closer; Feeling like they could rely on each other whenever they needed to, some a little more than others. Though it was evident in the way they interacted that the friendship they created would last a lifetime.

———————————————————————————

"(Y/N)!"

Turning around, you saw Suna and Ginjima walking behind as you were about to open the gym doors.

"Aren't you two supposed to be in practice by now", you said turning your neck to the side.

"Wait, what time is it?" Ginjima asked.

Taking out your phone, you showed the two boys your phone which displayed the numbers 2:41 PM. They both gasped before sprinting inside the gym, slamming the doors open.