Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Recommended song for this chapter: 23 by Rejjie Snow (I thought it fit the set up)

August 16th, 2019 (7:51)

Making your way through the semi-crowded halls you tried your best to avoid suspicion that you were distressed. You didn't want people asking if you were okay or needed help, you just wanted to go to your classroom and find your hoodie.

Reaching the door of the classroom you opened it to see that there were already a couple of students already present. You also took notice that your deskmate was also seated at his desk hunched over with his earbuds plugged in.

You made your way over to your desk in hopes of finding your hoodie right where you left it, but upon approaching your desk your heart sank. The hoodie was no longer there. You began to panic internally and started searching all over the classroom. The hoodie wasn't anywhere to be found, it wasn't in the front nor the back of the classroom.

The bell was soon to ring so you made your way over to your desk once again feeling devastated. As you sat down you felt a slight tap on your shoulder. You turned around only to be face to face with your deskmate. The two of you did nothing but stare at each other in silence. He ended up breaking the awkward silence with a question.

"Did you leave this here yesterday?" the boy asked motiononing to his hand.

You looked down to see what he was referring to, and relief hit you. In his hands was the maroon hoodie you were so desperately in search of. You quickly took the hoodie from his hands and put it on.

"Thank you so much, how did you find it?", you asked.

"It was on the floor after you left. I took it so I could give it to you tomorrow. I uh- also washed it for you", he told her.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would've done without it, Thank you again uh-", you cut your sentence mid way because you remembered that you couldn't personally thank him because you didn't even know his name.

He seemed to have caught on to why you stopped talking so he took it upon himself to tell you his name.

"You can call me Suna if you want".

"Well thank you Suna".

"Do you mind me asking what your name is", he nervously asked.

"Oh, uhm you can call me (Y/N), I don't really mind".

He nodded and was about to say something until the first bell rang. The rest of the students started flooding into the once semi-empty classroom, taking their seats. You then turned to reach into your pocket to take out your earbuds before the teacher came in. You pressed shuffle and a familiar tune started playing.

Once class had started you couldn't help but feel like someone was watching you. Turning your head to the right you saw that Suna now had his head resting on the table while he was looking up at you. You felt it upon yourself to ask why he was staring at you.

"Uhm why are you staring at me?"

"Did it hurt?"

"Did what hurt?"

"When you got that", he pointed to his nose.

"Yeah a bit".

"How bad on a scale from 1-10".

"I'd say a seven".

"Interesting", he silently said while keeping his head on the desk.

You found yourself staring at him for a few seconds before turning your attention to look at the world behind the glass. Compared to yesterday, the world seemed to have gotten brighter. The leaves from the cherry blossom tree looked more alive as it swayed in the breeze. The sun was shining like it was while you were dreaming last night. It was providing rays of comforting heat. Though the bench from yesterday remained the same, alone and broken.