Chapter 38

CHAPTER 38

Recommended songs: Baby Powder by Jenevieve & Redbone by Childish Gambino

January 29, 2021

Time: 8:37 PM

"Sooo, how has everything been with you know who?" Yui says in a teasing tone as she slightly pokes your arm while resting on her stomach.

"Mhm you need to tell us everything, well not everything but you get the gist of it." Hina says while clutching a pillow in her arms.

"Mhm." Atsumu agrees while scrolling through his phone in search of a song to play. The blonde ends up shuffling his playlist and the song Baby Powder by Jenevieve begins to play through his speaker.

"Well things have been great, he was stressed a little about the spring inter high games but he's fine now. Still a shame you guys lost." You say while shaking your head.

"It does suck, we were doing phenomenal." Atsumu says in an annoyed huff while resting his head on Yui's back. "I guess there's always next year, damn first year's."

"Well I'm just glad you guys can relax now."

"By the way what ever happened when Suna asked you to be his girlfriend? You never really told us anything. Hell, I didn't even know you guys were dating until I saw you two holding hands." Hina exclaims.

"Well we just went on a picnic. We ate. We kissed. We sang in his car, and he drove me home."

"WOAH YOU GUYS KISSED." They all say with wide eyes as they scoot over towards you.

"Well duh, that's what couples do." You say with a laugh.

"You decided to leave that important detail out though." Yui says as she stands up to grab one of Atsumu's hoodies.

"To be honest it's kinda slipped my mind."

"Everyone's getting together nowadays, but it's nice seeing everyone happy." Hina says with a genuine smile as she takes a sip from her water.

"Speaking of everyone, Osamu and Mai are together now." Atsumu says in an annoyed tone.

"Oh yeah, he told me that last week." Hina says.

"He told you before his own brother." The blonde says, slightly shocked.

"I mean we were really close, not so much now."

"What do you mean?" You ask her while laying down.

"Well we used to hang out all the time, and he would come to me for advice and I would go to him for the same thing. Now we barely even give each other a glance. It was nice having him as a close friend even if I didn't see him that way, but it seems he saw me that way." She says with a sigh.

"But I also can't blame him or be mad at him for distancing himself from me. Even if I don't like Mai, I have to be respectful and let them be."

"That's bullshit, Osamu definitely had feelings for you but he won't tell me what happened." Atsumu exclaims.
"I don't like the way she treats him either, it's like he's not even there and he makes all the effort to spend time with her, and buy her all these things while she rarely ever sends him a text. It's like she's using him but I have to be nice to the girl."

"The other day when I saw her I got the worst vibes from her. It was scary." Yui says with a slight shiver.

"I just hope everything is okay with Osamu, he seems kinda tired lately." You say.