Chapter 42

CHAPTER 42

Chapter inspired by: Make it better by Anderson Paak

Recommended song: Polka Dots And Moonbeams by Wes Montgomery

September 14, 2021

Time: 6:40 AM

*RING*

Groaning, you quickly move your tired body to shut off the alarm.

After successfully turning the metal clock off, you roughly rub your eyes in an attempt to get rid of the sleep from the previous night. It only half worked since you've been up all night.

You already knew it was a school day but you just couldn't find it in you to fall asleep; not with all the thoughts and unanswered questions running through your head.

It was another sleepless night out of who knows how many. You've barely gotten enough sleep these past few weeks due to overthinking and worrying. The same repeated questions would keep you up all night only worsening your anxieties, and in return a sleepless night.

Everyone seemed to be starting to catch on to how tired you've been recently; barely having the energy to hangout anymore. Though, Suna caught on the moment it started.

He'd constantly ask you if you were getting enough sleep and to talk to him if something was bothering you but you'd always wave him away saying everything was fine, and that it was just Buho keeping you up. There was always a lingering guilt that washed over you after pushing yourself away from Suna. You knew he was only trying to help, and it didn't feel any better knowing the boy was worrying about you.

But you weren't the only one having internal conflicts.

Suna had begun to distance himself from you. Of course he would always try and call you, talk to you during school and lunch, but that was about it. He'd stopped asking you to come watch after practice already knowing your answer, and his usual phone calls that would often last hours turned into quick five minute calls just to see how you were doing.

You've noticed that Suna seemed more tense lately. He would rarely speak during class and just zone out or occasionally listen to the lessons. The boy seemed to be working harder during practice, a surprising change compared to the last two years where he'd been putting minimal effort.

It did make you happy seeing that he was focusing more and trying harder during practice, but you knew there was something bothering him, and you needed to get to the bottom of things.

Finally finding the courage to get up, you walked into the bathroom, uniform in hand, and started the shower. You made sure to turn the faucet all the way to freezing because you needed something to keep you awake for the day besides coffee.

Your body shivered under the freezing water as it hit your warm skin. Quickly lathering the soap on your body and doing your other necessities, you grabbed a towel and wrapped it around yourself while cautiously getting out.

As you exit the bathroom, a ringing sound fills your ears. Turning your head, you walked towards the bed seeing Suna was calling. Picking up the phone, you brought the device up to your ear.

"Hey (Y/N), I'll be there in 30 minutes, I know we haven't hung out a lot so we can stop by the store if you want to buy snacks." Suna said in his slightly tired voice.

You stayed silent not knowing what to do. You quietly take a deep breath before finally speaking.

"Sorry Suna, but I want to walk by myself today, so you don't have to pick me up today."