Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

Chapter based off of: Love Is Only A Feeling by Joey Bada$$

Recommended song: Stella by Starlight by Miles Davis

December 23, 2019

Time: 3:19 PM

*RING*

The sound of your phone going off filled the once quiet room.

Groggily sitting up, you walk over to your counter to see who was calling you so early in the morning.

Looking at the contact, you saw Suna was calling. Picking up, you bring the phone up to your ear.

"Hello?" You begin.

"(Y/N) hey, I wanted to see if you wanted to go grab lunch and walk around the city before going to see the lights display." Suna says with a monotone voice.

"Don't you mean breakfast?"

"No I mean lu- wait did you just wake up?" He asks, shock evident in his tone.

"Yeah, isn't it like nine or ten?"

"(Y/N) it's 3 in the afternoon."

"Oh." Is all you had to say as you look at the clock. "Well I'll be getting ready, I'll meet you at your place in an hour or so." You say, still tired from getting up.

Yawning, you get up from the bed and head into the bathroom to take a shower.

Once the water is warm enough to your standards, you let the water patter against the acrylic floor as it cascades down your skin. The warm feeling of the water felt relaxing compared to the frigid temperature of the room.

Turning off the shower handle, you cover yourself with a beige towel and wrap it around you.  After brushing out your hair you brush your teeth and clean your piercing.

Deciding on doing your brows, you quickly fill them in to your liking and walk out into the semi-warm room.

Walking to your closet you decide on wearing a black loose turtleneck with some beige baggy pants.

Slipping on your snow boots and jacket, you head downstairs to greet your parents.

"Look who's finally awake." Your father scoffs as he averts his eyes from the newspaper to you.

"I wasn't aware it was already the afternoon." You retorted. "Besides you both could've woken me up."

"I didn't want to wake you up, but I did have to stop your father from shaking the life out of you while you were sleeping." She says as she glares at the man sitting on the table.

He shrugs and continues reading the newspaper.

Your mom hands you a plate with strawberries and other fruits. Thanking her, you take a seat across from your dad.

"So what are you up to?" Your dad asks as he places the newspaper down.

"I'm going to go out for lunch with Suna and then we're going to go look at the Christmas lights." You say eating the fruit.

"That boy is nice, but the last time I saw him he looked a little scared." Your dad say while slouching in the chair. "Am I a scary guy?"

"I don't think you are, maybe he was just nervous?"

"He probably just wants to leave a good impression!" Your mom yells from the kitchen.

Your dad looks at you and shrugs.