Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

Recommended song: Haupe by Duke Ellington

January 24, 2020

Time: 2:01 PM

"Soooo, your birthday is coming up." You say while tapping your fingers against Suna's shoulder. "What are you going to do?"

Suna hums while tapping his finger against his chin. Thinking for a few seconds he shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know, I haven't really thought about it."

"How about we got to the café for your birthday, like just the two of us." You suggest.

He turns to face you, seeing he has a smile growing on his face you already knew his answer.

"I'll meet you at your place tomorrow at 3." You say while switching your attention back to your teacher.

Suna wasn't aware of this but everyone was busy secretly planning a small surprise birthday party.

It was yours and Hinas idea to surprise him with a small party in the park. Your job was to somehow distract Suna while Osamu and Kita prepared some of his favorite foods while the rest decorated a small hidden area in the park.

Hina suggested to just call his mom and ask her to keep Suna inside and occupied for the time being, but you had other plans.

Deciding on taking Suna to the café before his surprise party would make a better distraction, but you also thought of it for another reason. Truth is, you just wanted to spend some time with Suna on his birthday, just you and him.

Your reasoning behind it was because you two were the closest out of the group, but something inside you was saying otherwise else.

Time: 2:53 PM

"I swear to god, where is that idiot." Osamu says while looking past the students that were hurriedly exiting the school.

"Kita, Aran, and Ginjima already left, let's just leave without him." Suna says while looking down at his phone.

"I'm with Suna on this." Hina says as she lets out a tired sigh. "He probably already left wi-"

She was interrupted by the sound of loud footsteps quickly approaching the four. Turning their heads to the right they see Atsumu running towards them.

"Where were you?" You asked as Atsumu put his hands on his knees in order to catch his breath. He was heavily panting and his cheeks were tinted red, most likely due to running.

"I-I'm here, sorry for the hold up I-I had to talk to someone." The blonde says, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked a little nervous explaining his situation but nonetheless everyone shrugged it off while leaving the campus and walking home.

———————————————————————————

January 25, 2020

Time: 1:27 PM

Sleeping peacefully on your bed you subconsciously curled yourself deeper into the mountain of blankets covering you. The warmth the blankets provided you shielded your body from the raging cold. Unknowingly, you were oblivious to the praying figure peeking his head out from the corner of the bed.

The boy took small steps, tip-toeing his way over to where your face was buried in the blankets.

Mentally counting to three he shakes you a bit before shouting.