Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29

August 25, 2020

Time: 11:34 PM

The starry night brought a sense of beauty to the black abyss of the night. It illuminated the sky along with the luminous beauty that was the moon.

It was a Sunday night and most people were asleep by now resting up for the dreadful Monday morning ahead. Most slept peacefully in the comfort of their own homes, but two particular individuals were still wide awake.

"(Y/N), what did you want to talk about?"

"I like you..."

"Ughhhh it doesn't sound right." You groan out while flopping onto your bed, shoving a pillow over your face.

"C'mon (Y/N), you have to be more specific, show you like him back with words." Hina says. The girl had been on the FaceTime call for nearly two hours trying to help you with your confession.

"I know, but it's just so hard. Like I want to tell him how he makes me feel and how much I appreciate him just for being him but it never comes out right, I get too nervous." You say frustrated as you rub your forehead.

"When he told me he liked me, he took me to this beautiful spot where we still go, but he made it seem so special." You say, your face heating up in the process. "I just want to do something like that for him."

"Maybe you could rehearse what you have to say." Hina suggests as she picks up the camera and sets it on her desk.

"I could take him out to 'Room 4066'." You say while thinking. "The café always plays jazz so that will help calm me down, plus Suna loves jazz so that could work."

"See this isn't so hard, you just need to calm your nerves and breathe." Hina says as she turns off the lights to her room.

"You both know each other like the back of your hand, you shouldn't be so scared." She says while jumping onto her bed. "Anyways I have to go to sleep. It's pretty late, but I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you for your help." You say with a small smile.

"Anytime." She says while hanging up the call.

As soon as the phone screen turned black, you sighed and flopped on your bed.

Various thoughts and scenarios started flowing through your mind, preventing you from sleeping.

The most prominent thought was how would you finally confess to Suna.

Over the past 2 weeks you'd felt confident enough to commit to a relationship, even if the first one ended in a tragic accident.

Coming to terms with the fact that what happened before was no more than a freak accident, a small sense of joy filled you as you could finally return your feelings.

The only impediment left was how you would actually tell Suna in the first place.You knew it was your turn now seeing as how Suna had already done it back in May and vowed to wait until you were ready, but it was just so difficult.

You'd known Suna for well over a year now and you two were pretty comfortable around each other. The boy would often sleepover at your house and you at his, so why was this any different than telling him a secret?

He wouldn't intentionally hurt your feelings, hell, you don't even think he would reject you but it was just so nerve racking. This in fact was a huge step you were willing to take in your life.