Chapter 50

CHAPTER 50

Chapter inspired by: Best Part by Daniel Caesar

May 25, 2022

Time: 7:16 PM

As soon as Suna pulls up into the nearly abandoned parking lot of the park you've visited various times, you turn to face him; confusion written on his face as you see him unbuckle his seat belt. He steps out of the car and closes the door behind him. Your eyes follow his figure as he walks casually towards your side and opens your door.

"M'lady." Suna says while kneeling on one knee while extending his hand out to you.

"Suna what are we doing here?" You say with an airy laugh while taking his hand and stepping out onto the asphalt of the parking lot.

Looking around there was not a single soul in sight; only three cars remained in the parking lot but they were all spaced out, indicating they were all different people.

"I told you already." He says while standing up and locking the car door while cleaning any dirt from his knees. "I have something to show you."

With that, he grabs ahold of your hand and begins to lead you through the parking lot and into the park. The two of you begin walking through the trail surrounded by trees on the side of the cement road.

It just so happened to be the park where Suna and you came during your 1st year to see the park lights. It just so happened to be the same place where Suna had asked you to be his girlfriend over a year ago. But those clear aspects weren't in your mind at the moment as you admired the scenery of the day. Though, it didn't mean it wasn't going through someone else's mind right now.

Suna continued to lead you through the path where he eventually stopped just as the road was about to end and branch out into the rest of the park.

There were red and white flower petals that littered the end of the path. The two of you were on top of them as Suna took in a deep breath before turning to face you.

The faint sun rays reflected against his green eyes making them sparkle as he stared down at you.

"Would you like to dance?" He asks while reaching out for his phone.

"Sure." You say with a smile as he nods his head and searches up a song.

It didn't take long before he found the song, but before he played it, your hand that he had been holding since you'd both arrived was directed to your heart.

"Before I play this song, I want you to carefully listen to the words." Suna says while waiting for your response."

"Okay." You say with a nod.

Suna smiles before finally pressing start and placing his phone a few feet away from the two of you. His phone begins to play, and the soft intro to Best Part by Daniel Caesar begins to play in the empty pathway.

Suna's hand finds its way to your waist and he begins to move his feet to the beat; you mimic his movements as you begin to move your feet.

"You're the coffee that I need in the morning. You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring"

The lyrics cloud your mind the more the song progresses and the more Suna moves his feet along with yours.

"I just wanna see how beautiful you are. You know that I see it, I know you're a star. Where you go I'll follow, no matter how far. If life is a movie, know you're the best part."