Chapter 41

CHAPTER 41

Recommended song: Therapy by LeRoyce

August 15, 2021

Time: 6:00 AM

Peace.

That word is what best suits this early morning moment right before the calm would soon be interrupted by the sound of a taunting ringing. The early morning air felt fresh and was blowing through the branches of the aging tree, the leaves dancing to the rhythm of the wind. The window left open provided a refreshing breeze to flow into the stuffy room, putting the girl at ease.

(Y/N) was sleeping peacefully sprawled on the bed without a care in the world. She had a pillow tucked under her head and another clutched in her arms as she was deeply asleep. Quiet snores could be heard through the room, but they didn't exactly belong to her.

There propped up on a teddy bear was (Y/N's) phone. The FaceTime app was open revealing Suna who was lying beside his phone also deeply asleep.

The night before they had called each other to get rid of their first day of school jitters. Somehow through all the laughing and compliments they'd lost track of time and ended up falling asleep while still on the video call. Suna had been the first to fall asleep so (Y/N) had taken that as an opportunity to snap a few screenshots for future purposes. She'd fallen asleep feeling successful.

The teens were both anxious seeing as this was their final year of high school together, and only the future knows what would become of the two as time progressed.

*RING*

"(Y/N) turn that thing off." Suna groggily says as he begins waking up; though he was still on the verge of collapsing back into the comfort of his blankets.

*RING*

Surprisingly, you were still dead asleep as your body subconsciously moved on its own. Seeing this made Suna let out a tired laugh as he cupped his hands over his mouth in an 'O' shape.

"Hellloooo, wake up!" He says into the camera in hopes of waking you up.

"Mom? Is that you?" You say tiredly while finally sitting up and turning your alarm off. Lightly rubbing your eyes, you see your phone still on from the previous night with the FaceTime app open.

"I'm not your mom." The boy says with a chuckle as he picks up his phone and walks into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"Suna?"

"Bingo!"

"Now I remember what happened." You as you begin to gain conscience. "Still kind of tired though."

"Same, but at least this is our last year doing this." He says slightly muffled as he continues brushing his teeth.

"Yeah, our last..."

Suna was too busy getting ready to notice your tone had changed. Though you were kind of grateful he was distracted because you didn't want him worrying about you this early in the morning. Not when he already has so much to worry about and planned ahead of him.

"I'll see you once you get here, I still need to get ready." You say while snapping yourself out of your thoughts.

"Okay, I'll be there in around an hour and a half." Suna says while blowing a kiss before hanging up the call.

Smiling a bit, you let out a sigh before grabbing your uniform and heading into the bathroom. Letting the water run for a little, you stare at your reflection within the mirror as a million thoughts surged through your head.