•𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘•

~𝚅~
𝚐𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚏

we finally left the hotel dressed and ready for the day. I wore some stripped shorts and a simple graphic tee. Grey said to wear a bathing suit so under I had a frilly bikini.

Grey called a taxi and spoke to them in Italian. I sat in my seat and was entranced by the view,

~

Once we got there, there was nothing. I mean the man practically dropped us off at the side of the road. Once we got out I watched the taxi leave.

"Where are we?" I turned to Grey.

He didn't answer, but instead held my hand. He lead me through some grass and then there was a giant cliff.

He began taking his shirt off and my eyes widened in realization. Cliff jumping.

"Grey no way!" I watched him edge the end. He looked down and smirked at me.

His body fell down as he watched me and then he twisted his body. His body twisted in a dive form and a huge ripple shook the water. A moment went by and he didn't come up.

I looked down worried and took my shirt and shorts off. Slipping my sandals off he still wasn't there.

Panic began to set at the sight of the fall and Grey. I closed my eyes and practiced a jump. Ready I closed my eyes and jumped blindly.

I looked down and Grey's head popped up. He swam away as I was about to land and I screamed. My body hit the water and was coated in the warm water.

Swimming to the top I took a big gasp and pushed the hair from my face. Looking up I see Grey with a lipped smile.

"I thought you died!" I hit my hands on the water.

"I'm sorry princess." Grey said. His tone was comical and I rolled my eyes.

He pulled my arm from beneath the water and placed a gentle kiss on my hand.

I snatched my hand away and smiled lightly. "Don't do that again."

I went under water and swam to him. Swimming up my chest hit his and this is probably the only time I'll ever be able to that.

I push my body higher to seem taller than him, but it doesn't quite work.

My breathing starts to even out from the adrenaline and I look into his eyes.

"how did you find this place?" I ask while laying on my back.

Floating his voice rumbles in the water and the sky brightens when he talks.

"I was on a business trip and a local told me about it."

I stopped floating to hear him better. Nodding for him to continue, he did.

"Her name was Marie. She was an older lady who sold bread. I asked her what to do around here and she told me this was her secret spot. Of course when she was younger she would jump, but as she got older she just came to the shore and walked. She would take stuff off the shore and make necklaces or decor out of it." He looks to the top of the cliff.

"She sounds lovely."

"She was." He nods.

I realize the past tense and my eyes go down.
I relax as I look at the water below me until Grey grabs me. Holding me close his arms are holding my butt.

"Why are you holding me like this?" I look at him squarely in the face.

He drops his hands around my butt and I go
down in the water. I swim up only to look up at Grey instead of square in the face.

He scoops me back up and devilishly say "Plus, I like where my hands are."

He does a dumb shrug and I splash his face with water. I slip underneath and escape his weirdo self.

~

After swimming for a while we decided to head into town to get something to eat. My skin by this time is red and burned.

I put sunscreen on but it wasn't enough apparently.

As we ate Grey continuously asked if we needed to buy anything for the burns.

"Um, yeah. It might turn into a tan, but I doubt it." I frown as I look down at my tomato red arm. "Look! It's as red as my hair!" I pick a strand up and hold it against my arm.

Grey chuckles and takes a sip of his water.
••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW