•𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗•

~𝚅~
𝚎𝚡𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍

Sprawled across my bed I hear a loud banging on my door.

Ugh- I feel like crap.

Gripping my head, a throbbing headache erupts sending me into a grumpy mood. Moving off my bed I practically crawl my way to the door.

*BANG**BANG**BANG*

That has to be Jamie.

I sit on the ground and stretch my body upwards in order to unlock the door.

Jamie comes bursting in with her giant purse and perfectly curled hair. How can she look so perfect after a night of drinking? I will never understand her and her perfect ways.

"I'm a terrible person! I had to see if you were still alive after I just ignored your calls." She pulls her hand to her heart in a dramatic manner. "I mean you could've been dying, and I was just- anyway. Are you ok?" She squats down to the floor and cradles my face.

"H-Hm no." I slump down like a baby.

"Let me get you some Advil and water." She runs to my bathroom.

Eh- I feel like garbage. Dragging myself to the couch, I plop down and if it weren't for my chest moving up and down it would've looked like I was lying on the couch dead. 

"Hon, are you good?" She looks at me with her head tilt and a concerned expression written all over her face.

Taking the Advil and water from her, I swallow the pills and practically drown myself in water. I gulp as if I were a fish out of water and pant after setting the water down. 

"So, what were the calls about last night?" She looks at me with full attention. 

"I'm pretty sure I wasn't too drunk but, I saw Grey."

She freezes and analyzes my face.

"Jamie?" I look at her confused.

"Wow. I mean. Wh-Why now?" She shakes her head.

"Um- well. It's blurry but from what I can remember... I was almost kidnapped and was thrown in the alleyway behind the club. Then I had a gun held to my head and then magically Grey showed up!" I beam at her.

"Are you living in a movie or something? Where are the cameras." She half jokes and looks around my shabby apartment as if we were on the Truman Show. 

I laugh a little, and then continue. "Anyways, so then I got into his very expensive car might I add, and this car chased us. We got away though and then we sort of talked... and now I'm going to see him, tomorrow. I think." I look down to my phone to confirm the date.

"What do you mean you're going to see him tomorrow?" She cocks her head to the side slightly.

"I mean. I'm going to talk to- see that's the thing. I-I don't even know what to do."  I slump back.

I might just get a humped back from the amount of slumping I've done just from today.

"V are you ready? He- I don't know." She chews her lip. "This is tricky situation." She looks off into the distance.

"Well... that the thing. I'm not sure what to do. Should I actually show up? Or ghost him like he did to me years ago." I shrug.

"No, I get it. I mean personally I'd show him up, but maybe you should give him a chance." She gives me a warm smile.

It might not be such a bad idea to see where he's been, and what he's been doing. I am curious and who knows, maybe he did wait for me like he said he would in the letter. I'm not giving him a second chance, just a chance for him to get his point of view told.

I snap out of it with a head shake.

"Let's clear that little mind of yours." She lightly slips her hand in mine. "Let's go shopping!!" She squeezes mine.

I get up slowly and head to my closet to at least look presentable. The last thing I want is to be dragged around, but I also don't want to spend my day moaning and groaning in bed. 

~

I thought we'd only be at the mall for an hour or so, what I did not expect, was to be here for the entire day. The sun has probably set, and I've definitely missed the lovely sun set.

Exhausted, I sat in the food court with so many bags I'm too tired to count them. My aching feet rest as I sit in the laziest way possible. Jamie on the other hand has plenty of energy and is currently bouncing through lines to order us pizza. I guess that's a perk to shopping with her. She pays for my food!

Scanning the cafeteria out of boredom I spot a blonde guy staring directly at me.

His face is full of boredom and his hair practically covers his entire face. It's shaggy and tousled in a way girls would drool over. He's hunched over drinking some Sonic drink with the straw lazily in his mouth. He lazily stirs his straw with black chipped fingernails and looks at me with pure boredom in his eyes.

"Got the pizza!" Jamie drops a tray in front of me, making me jump.

"Who,  who is that?" I point over with my chin as I buck it in his direction.

"Who is who?" She sits directly in front of him. She looks the opposite direction and I groan. She turns around and he's gone.

"You must be tired." She laughs. "Alright, alright. We'll go home, after we make a pit stop at my favorite store, again." She beams.

"Try twenty more pit stops." I laugh.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW