•𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗•

~𝚅~
𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

"Two years?" Madison raises her eyebrows. "Thats pretty long,"

"Hm." I hum out as I look around the restaurant in order to avoid eye contact.

"Wow. Are you guys going to get married or something?" She asks out of nowhere.

"Um..." I crease my eyebrows trying to figure out what to say next.

"We don't know." Mason answers her with a cold gaze. "Were both pretty focused on our careers right now."

She hums in response and sips her water nonchalantly.

"H-How long have y-you guys been dating?" I ask a little shaking from her last question.

"Five days." Madison's finger dances around the rim edge of her glass.

"She's kidding." Grey clears his throat. "Only two weeks." His leg moves hers and her body jolts up a little.

She jolts out of her trance and changes course; her finger now twirling around her straw and focuses her attention back on the 'date'. 

"Yup. Jokester." She smiles and points to herself. "So how do you know Grey?"

"Um, we meet in high school. We had some uh-classes together." Ouch. That hurt a little to say.

"Oh. Was he grumpy back then like he is now?" She pokes his hard chest with her perfectly manicured nail.

"Yup" I laugh out. "He used to sleep through every class practically." I roll my eyes and smile thinking of our history class.

Mr. Kingston wasn't the most entertaining teacher, but Grey couldn't care if the circus came in that class. He was always asleep.

I remember one time the bell rang, and he didn't wake up. This was when we were dating so I brought it upon myself to wake him up. His long eyelashes closed with a perfect curl and one arm was acting as a pillow while his other was draped over the desk hanging. Grey is a very heavy sleeper so repeating his name never simply woke him up.

I remember it was just the very beginning of us dating so I was so hesitant, but I took a curl of his hair in my finger and played with it. I don't know why I did it, I just felt like it. He eventually woke up to that and gave me the laziest, and cutest smile I've ever seen and made me blush all the way down to my toes.

I blink out my memory and see Madison's hand slightly on Grey's arm forcing me to look away.

"I can imagine that." She bites her lip. "Grumpy little Grey." She teases.

Glancing over at Mason I give a smile to him to distract myself. 

Mason has been quite this entire time and I need him to say something to Grey or Madison. I move my hand slightly to his and tap it. He doesn't get the memo as he holds my hand instead of listening to my message. Turning my head towards him I was about to give him a look when Madison asked a question.

"What do you do for a living Violet?"

"Well, I just became a registered nurse and am working towards a few things at the moment. I basically an intern at the hospital, and I go to college right now." I smile.

"That's really impressive." Grey gives a small, lipped smile.

"Mason what do you do?" Grey asks giving Mason a hounding look like a dad to his daughter's new boyfriend.

"Well," Mason folds his fingers together and place them slightly on the table, dropping my helpless one.

I've never actually asked about Mason's job before. I just knew he was busy sometimes then sometimes he would be free for a whole week. He was a whole mystery. 

"I'm working my way to making my own business," He replies simply.

Ahh that makes sense why he has his own schedule!

"What kind of business." Grey leans back in his chair and rests his pointer finger lightly on his chin. His fingers are bare except one ring on his middle finger. It's a shiny silver that glistens through the dark ambiance in the restaurant.

"Manufacturing." He states gulping a tiny bit.

Grey and Mason go on and on about boring business. I look around the restaurant completely bored. I look over to a corner where the bathrooms are and see a familiar looking person. A-Almost like Opal.

Except the person is wearing a red skintight dress. It has scrunched up on the sides with tiny bows, but once I spot the person the person goes back to the bathroom side. Disappearing from my view.

My face scrunches and I'm very confused. Turning back to the table I try to shake my confused face but of course the very observant Madison sees my obscene look.

"Do you know her?" She points in the general direction.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW