•𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎•

~𝚅~
𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎

Tiptoeing down the hallway I pressed my hands against the wall as I went into spy mode.

Peaking my head out towards the kitchen I spotted Grey in some sweatpants and a forest green shirt. One hand on the handle of a pan and the another was mixing something in the pan. A pot was on the burner next to the pan and seemed to being boiling with water. He would occasionally look over at the pot but then focus his attention to the pan.

I made my way to him slowly. Not making a sound I tiptoed my way to see what he was doing. Looking around the counter I watched the pan of some sauce and the boiling water with noodles in it.

"You hungry?"

How did he know I was here???

His head turns to me, and my face goes an embarrassing shade of red.

"You're not very sneaky." He goes back to stirring his sauce.

"Yeah, I'm hungry." I settled on saying.

"Good."

I head to the couch and pull my phone out just to see a ton of messages from Jamie.

Jamie: Heyyy, how's it going?
Jamie: Did you end up bailing lmao
Jamie: V?
Jamie: Please don't tell me Grey kidnapped you.
Jamie: ARE YOU DEAD??

Smiling I decide to stop torturing her.

Me: Guess who's not dead :)
Me: Btw I'm spending the night at Grey's place...

Jamie: V! y'all are moving fast huh? 😏

Me: nooo! it's just because of the rain!!
Me: plus we aren't anything. practically strangers

Jamie: mm, sure.

Me: Really!! Plus, it's been four years I'm sure he has a girlfriend or something.

Jamie: Keep deluding yourself...

"Foods ready." I hear his husky voice say from behind me.

Closing my phone, I smile up at him and follow him to the table. Sitting down, Grey places a plate some yummy looking pasta.

"Tell me what you think." He smirks picking up his fork.

I pick up a forkful of pasta and place it in my mouth. It tasted amazing! I'm pretty sure the sauce is vodka sauce and it's so good. I let out a tiny moan and look up at Grey.

"It's really good." I smile at him.

~

We finish or dinner with light conversation and after dinner I decide to clean up. I pick our plates up and bring it to the sink and pick up a sponge.  He left at the end of dinner after his phone wouldn't stop buzzing. I guess he's a busy man.

I head towards the sink and place the plates in the sink ready to get to work.

Two hands trap me against the sink, and I look behind me to see nothing but forest green.

"What are you doing?" His voice vibrates his chest. 

"H-hm? I'm cleaning." I say slightly too quiet.

"Why?" He leans his head down and asks close to my neck. I feel his breath against the nape of my neck and my hairs stand up.

Turning around fully was a mistake. I should've left my neck straining. There was barely any room between us with me raising my head and his head leaning down. His head was already low so tilting mine up made us ten times closer.

Oh no. I'm too close.

"Well, you made dinner so It's only fair for me to help clean up." I explain to him. "Plus, it's only two dishes, pot, and pan." I try to keep my hands behind me, but they really want to rest on the forest green. Traitors. 

"Violet you're a guest." He looks between my eyes with those steel-colored eyes.

"Well... I'm a guest who wants to clean." I protest and nod my head in confirmation.

I can't just leech from him. He opened his door to me and helped heal my wound. He brought me clothes to wear and a bed to sleep in. He even made me dinner. The least I can do is wash a few dishes.

He looks at me for a moment but then leans back on the kitchen island behind him.

I focus my attention back on the dishes and start scrubbing the pots and pans. I feel his gaze on me the entire time.

~

As I finished up, I grab a nearby rag and wipe around the sink, where some water was spilt and turn around to see Grey still there leaning against the kitchen island.

"You didn't have to." He starts.

"I wanted to." I give a lipped smile.

I walk towards him absentmindedly.

"Thank you for everything today." I say in a whisper tone fiddling with my fingers.

I walk away heading to the guest room and plop on the comfy bed. Oohh it feels like a cloud!

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW