•𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎•

~𝚅~
𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜?

"Let's make this fast Rob." Grey said as he pulled a chair next to his. I sat gingerly as I accessed the conversation.

"We don't have any evidence. The building's came with no security and so that means no security cameras. We dusted the knobs but the person must've worn gloves because there is no trace of them."

"You're fucking kidding. And Mads was on this? She never disappoints. And she won't." He slammed the table. "Whoever it was destroyed all she had. They will fucking pay."

"Um..." The man started.

"Violet." Grey filled in for him.

"Right, Ms.Violet. Do you have any enemies?" He asked me.

"not that I know of." I rub my eyebrow in thought.

"Look Rob, you will find the person. Look through the entire apartment and if you don't find a single fucking thing, I'll have Leo have a meeting with you. Or better yet me."

Rob gulped and nodded fast.

"Right Sir. I'll get the team to look more carefully into it.

"You are excused." Grey waved him off and the poor man scurried off. Nothing like the composed man I saw when we walked in.

"W-was that about me?" I asked stupidly.

"I can't let them think they won. They won't. Not like they did with my dad. Because I'm not my dad." He squeezed his fist turning them white.

I leaned off my chair and gently laid my fingers on his knuckles tracing them. He kept rambling and I didn't quite understand how to process it because everything he does goes 100 MPH.

"It'll be alright. I mean sure they've destroyed my apartment, but I'm still here in one piece!"

"But what if you were not here? What if they find you and do worst things than what happened to your apartment? I can't live with that thought." He leaned back in his chair.

I really never looked it that way. In a way being with Grey is so dangerous. It's scary to think of the possibilities that come with being with him.

"I'm scaring you away aren't I?" Grey clenched his jaw.

"w-what? no."

"Violet I completely understand if you-"

"Grey stop. I got you here after 4 years and I can't just let that slip through my fingers."

His eyes meet mine and I see they're trying to hide his fear.

I come close to him and he grabs me by the waist. He rests his head in the crook of my neck and I let him.

His office phone rings and he picks it up annoyed.

~

Grey has been doing work on the phone for about three hours now and I am completely bored.

I drew a cat and a dog, but that got boring. I even colored it with highlighters like a two year old. I laid spread out in the chair in front of his desk bored and needing some excitement.

"Have it delivered to India by the end of this week." He played with a pen in his hand. "No. Watch the ship."

I laid in the chair and fidgeted in every way possible to keep my mind entertained.

Maybe Grey just needed to unwind. I got up and made my way towards him. Coming closer he looked at me suspiciously.

I giggled quietly and gave him a hug. He deserved one. Kissing his temple it felt hard and I knew he had a headache. Nursing school paying off!

I kissed down his head to his neck and he gripped my arm while talking.

He shook his head while in conversation, but whatever. I made my way onto his lap and sat there with him looking at me like I was a complete maniac.

"No that one is going to the storage." He said sternly. I wrapped the cord around my finger and played with it.

I looked up at him to see him staring directly at me. My hand moved up to his lip as he talked and I rose up. I kissed him shutting him up and he broke away too fast for my comfort.

"Ok. Just get it fucking done." He yelled and slammed the phone down.

"Violet. I'm never bringing you to work again." He grabbed my face lightly. "are you hungry?" He asked.

I shook my head but he got up. "Come on you need to eat." He lifted me up to stand.

Following him out of his office the men and their scary weapons practically bowed to Grey as he walked past them.

All eyes eyeing me confused as we walked past the hallway. Walking down the hallway we made our way to an elevator.

Entering after Grey I looked at him in his suit and felt very out of place. I was standing here in what I wore last night. A big t-shirt that barely showed my shorts underneath.

Grey pressed the 2nd level floor and we waited patiently for the doors to close.

I felt his hand move to the side of my hip and I jolted. "You ok there?" Grey joked.

I nodded and allowed him to wrap his arm around my waist.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW