Oscar Piastri [4+27+51]

A/N Wished by LilyHeseltine123. I hope you like it! (:

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1368

Squeaking tyres, burning rubber and then the unpleasant crunch from the car which crashes into the barrier. Luckily, I could bring my hands away from the steering wheel before the impact and probably saved myself from an injury. I take a deep breath before pressing the radio button.

"I'm so sorry guys I lost the car..." I mutter and add an "again." in my head. It happened a bit too often lately and I can already hear the mean comments everyone is going to make about me. That a woman has nothing to do in F1 and that I have no talent at all.

"We talk about it later. Are you okay?" My engineer says and sound neutral so that I can not find out if he is mad or not. I hope he or the team in general is not too disappointed of me and we can maintain our good relationship.

"Yeah, just a little shaken." I say and begin to loosen the strips that holds me in my seat. My fingers shake but I try to ignore it. Some would say I should be used to crashing now but it is always an unpleasant experience.

I keep my helmet on and make my way back to the paddock, look into the garage for a second and give everyone an apology for crashing the car into the barrier. Most of them reassure me that it is okay, but I can feel the burning stares from others which makes me feel uncomfortable.

"Love..." I can hear the voice of my boyfriend when he approaches me, but I am bubbling with anger and do not want to take it out on my sweet lover. To calm me at least a little bit I breath in and out deeply before turning around to face him.

"Not now Oscar, okay? I don't want to say anything stupid." Are my mumbled words and I try to give him a soft smile but my lips barely curl up. He sights deeply before he grabs my helmet and give me some space.

"I'll wait for you in your motorhome." Oscar then says and turn around before I can say anything else. Now I am sighting. I do not want to be mean to him, but I need a few more moments to calm down before I have to deal with the press.

Just when I thought of the interviews my PR approaches me and gives me a water bottle. She is not talking with me because she knows I like to get some silence after a crash, and I really love her for accepting this.

"They probably shred me in the air now." I chuckle with a bitter town and show my PR a little grimace when we come closer to the media and the first cameras begin to film me. Neutral face, not showing too much disappointed I remember myself and try to follow my own advice.

"No worries, I am always beside you and will stop the interview when it gets too much." My PR reassures me and gently taps my shoulder. I love her for being so supportive and this time my smile is a real one.

"Thank you." Quickly I mutter these words before steeping closer to the microphone in front of me. Showing the interviewer, a polite smile and then listen to the question she fires at me.

"Another crash in qualifying from you. What does the team say about this?" Ouch, thanks for reminding me that this was not my first crash in quali and I did it again today. I swallow the anger that bubbles inside of me and try to answer as professional as I can.

"Well, they are obviously not happy with it and me neither. It is a rough start to the season for us, but I am sure we can gain some positions in the race tomorrow. Today we had some problems with the balance, but we are going to fix this soon." Professional answer, not talking about how I feel like shit and just want to curl up into a ball and cry.

A few more questions follow, how I feel about being beaten by my teammate and why he does not have the same struggles as me. I continue staying professional but as soon as I am away from any microphones, I mutter an "I hate interviews" to my PR.

She knows I am only saying this because of the current mood I am in and reassures me that better times will come before she hands me my phone and leaves me alone. I make my way to my motorhome and decide to look what people write about me although I know I am going to regret this decision.

Sudden loss of talent? Rather no talent at all.

Another one with daddy's cash and nothing else.

Isn't the team sick of her crashes now?

I said it and I will say it again. Women have no space in things like Formula1. They can not drive normal cars how should they be able to drive these even faster ones.

Hopefully, she gets kicked out soon and someone who really deserves a seat gets it.

"Everyone hates me." These are the words when I open the door to my motorhome and let my body fall down on the couch beside Oscar.

"No one hates you." He says and gently place his hand on my back to rub over it comfortingly. As much as I love his physical affection, I cant concentrate on it and continue to hear the worse things that the people have written about me.

"Well, all the McLaren fans do, other fans too and probably my mechanics start to dislike me too." I whine and worse scenarios form in my head. How everyone would hate me, and I have to deal with everything myself. How no one would help me with the stuff I have to do, and I would be alone the whole time.

"Stop looking what people write on the internet. They are just jealous that they are not talented as you." Oscar tries to cheer me up a bit, but I am deep down in the water of negative thoughts that it would need some more encouragement from him to bring me to the top again.

"Talented? I do not feel talented at all in the last weeks. What...what if I am not good enough to stay with McLaren?" Suddenly the fear comes to my mind. I do not want to be released from my contract and be replaced by someone else. If this would happen it would be the end of me, I am nothing without driving.

"Hey...no more negative thoughts, okay? You are talented and just need some time to adjust the new car. No one is doubting your talent." Oscar continues to give me some nicer thoughts. Deep down I know he is telling me the truth I have talent, otherwise I would not have come so far but sometimes everything get too much for me to handle it.

"Can you give me a cuddle? I think I could use one." I say with a suffocating voice. Some tears rise to my eyes, but I can keep them from falling down my cheeks and concentrate on Oscars warm body. How he holds me close and rock us softly from side to side.

"Just hold my hand. I'll protect you from everything." He promises and search for my hand to intertwine our fingers with each other. I give his hand a little squeeze my way of showing him how grateful I am for having him as my boyfriend.

"Close your eyes. I will be there when you open them again." Oscar mumbles and I follow his suggestions. I close my eyes and can instantly feel the wave of exhaustion rush over me. Concentrating on the warm body under me I let myself slowly sink into a sleeping state.

"I'm so proud of you, please never forget that." Are the last words I hear, and they warm me from the inside. They give me some new courage, and everything seems to be a little lighter again.