Mick Schumacher [35]

A/N Wished by madridisimo. I hope you like it (:

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1805

Humming to one of my favourite songs I twirl around in the kitchen and decorate the muffins I have backed for my mother's birthday which I would attend later that day. But today is special because of two facts, yes, it is my mother's birthday but also my boyfriend would return home today, and we could spend some more time than usually together.

Relaxing and just do nothing. I couldn't accompany him as often as in his Formula2 season because I worked really hard, but I hope to go to some more races after the summer break. When the front door opens a soft smile spread on my lips, but I wait until Mick is coming to me into the kitchen.

"Welcome home." I say when his head perks trough the kitchen door and approach him to wrap my arms around his neck. Mick pulls me tight against his chest, laughing softly and we are both happy that we are back together.

"It's good to be back." He mumbles near my ear and tightens his arms for a moment before he lets go of me to look me into the eyes. Mick cups my face with his hands and let our noses nuzzle together for a second before he connects our lips for a gentle welcome kiss.

I sight against his lips, happy that he is finally back home, and I can have all of him for myself. We smile into the kiss, share some more heartbeats of tenderness before we pull back. Both our lips having a pink colour and our eyes sparkle with happiness.

"Want a muffin? I backed some for my mom's birthday." I ask Mick and turn out of his embrace to continue with decorating the last muffins. "I want to unpack my things first." Mick answers and I hum, indicating that I have understand him. He is always really tidy and wants to pack his things away after returning from a race weekend or from the factory.

"Is this a new dress?" Mick suddenly asks, making me turn around again. I smile widely and twirl around to show it completely to Mick. "Yes, I wanted it for so long and I finally managed to buy it." I explain him, still smiling widely. Several times I walked past this dress, always thinking about the expensive price but I saved and finally buy it being more than happy with it.

"It looks cute." Mick grins at my overjoyed behaviour but his eyes sparkle with so much love that my heart feels warm and just good. Then something comes to my mind because if he likes the dress maybe he likes the other piece I had bought too.

"Oh and look what I bought yesterday." I announce and grab the shiny bracelet from the table where I have placed it to keep it away from the muffin dough. Mick takes the bracelet out of my hand, observing it for a few second but instead of smiling again he frowns a little bit and then looks at me with a neutral face.

"Are you just with me for the money?" He asks and for a few seconds I can just stare at him. Am I what? Is he serious right now or are my ears playing tricks with me, letting me imagine I have heard him asking this question?

"What?" Is the only thing I can ask, not sure what else I should say. I show Mick the new things I bought with my money and suddenly he thinks I am with him because he has a lot of money? This doesn't make sense to me.

"Well, suddenly you live your life so much more expensive. I bought us this apartment and you throw money out of the window while I am not at home." He explains his words further, making me feel angry at him. Yes, he bought this apartment but not because I didn't want to pay, I asked him to split it, but he refused it. And the new things I bought while he wasn't here are all paid with my own money which I earned with my hard work.