Daniel Ricciardo [3]

A/N Wished by liverpools. I hope you like it! The ending is probably a bit cheesy :D Please leave a vote and a comment for some feedback (:

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1128

All good things have an ending and today is one of these days where a good thing ends. Several of my friends visited me in LA where I am currently living and today, they would leave. We know each other since school and went trough several ups and downs together.

Since I am living in LA, they visit me at least two times a year and I try to fly over to Europe from time to time to give them a visit too. We had some good days with each other, and I am a bit sad that they are leaving today. But there is this little part of me which is happy that they are leaving again.

For a few years now I have a crush on Daniel, our sunny boy, the star of our group and if you ask me the best looking. It is always hard for me to keep my feelings to myself because I do not want to ruin our friendship in any way but during the time, he was here the sexual tension was noticeable.

When it comes to the goodbyes, I hug everyone tight and promise them to fly over soon and not let them miss me for too long. Some tears prickle down the cheeks of my best friends and I am near to crying to, but I can stop the tears before they even start to fall down.

"Where is my hug?" Daniel whines but has his signature smile on his lips while opening his arms wide for me to hug him too.

"Here you go. Softie." I grin and can see how unimpressed he is from my words but still holds me close and maybe this hug lasts a bit to long for us being just friends. But it feels way too good to let go of him, and it seems like he does not want to break away either.

It is one of our friends that rips us out of our little bubble with a subtle cough. We loosen our arms and step away from each other. On my cheeks there is a reddish colour prominent, but I just ignore it and pretend it is not there. Daniel is looking a bit awkwardly around until I manage to mutter some words.

"Have a safe flight guys! I see you in a few weeks." These are my words which finally leads my friends and Daniel out the door and away from me. I would see them in a few weeks again but still it hurts to let them go again after we spend so much time together.

Yes, I love my live in LA but sometimes it gets quite lonely when all your friends have apartments on the other side of the world. I do have friends here, but these are different friends from the ones I have since school and that I have grown up with.

Sighting I make my way back into the living room and let my body sink on the couch. The house is awful quiet without all the people in here and I feel a little lump building in my throat. I do not want to cry but sometimes I get really emotional and can't suppress the loneliness inside of me.

I do not know for how long I was laying on the couch and looked at nothing when the door rings, surprisingly. Slowly I get up and walk even slower to the door. My mood is not the best and I do not want to be mean to whoever is at my front door, but I force a smile on my lips and open the door just to be more than surprised by who is standing there.

"Dan, what are you doing here? What is with you flight?" I ask Daniel quite shocked that he is here and not in the plane. He needs to catch his flight to go home but now he is standing in front of me, and I do not have any words to express how this is making me feel.

I think, I just came to say that I love you. I love you." Daniel says and with every word that leaves his lips his words get less audible, and my eyes went wide. He loves me. Is this reality or is my mind making things up and I a just dreaming about this scenario. inconspicuous I tweak myself in the arm, but Daniel is still here and then continuing to speak.

"I love you, god, I love you." He repeats and slowly the message seems to reach me. My heart begins to beat faster, and my cheeks heat up at the thought of being loved by the man I adore for several years now.

"Come in." I mutter and grab his wrist to drag him inside. My neighbours are really nosy, and this is something private and I don't want to confess my feelings to Daniel while being watched by some old people or someone who just wants to share some gossip.

That my words discourage Daniel is not the first thing that I notice when I close the door behind us. It is something inside me. How I feel free and how a thousand stones just fall off my chest and let me go trough everything more easily.

"I probably ruined our friendship with saying this." Daniel admits and rubs his face with his hands probably to get rid of some tears that gathered in his eyes. My smile drops for a second an then I finally realise that I have not told Daniel that I am feeling the same and just dragged him into the house.

"Kiss me you idiot." I giggle and observe how his facial expressions change. First, his head shoots up and then he waits for a few seconds just like he is not believing what I have said. Then his eyes widen a bit more, but his forehead wrinkles confused.

"Wait...what?" He asks and still looks more confused then ever. Daniel seems to not be able to find out if my words where the truth or if his head just played him a little trick, so I decide to take things into my own hands.

"You...mhm." I stop Daniel before he can say any more words and simply press my lips on his. Daniel needs just a few seconds then he kisses me back with so much passion that my breath gets stuck in my lungs and I need to break away from the kiss to gasp for air.

"I love you too." These are the words I mutter against Daniels lips before I connect them with mine again and continue kissing him for hopefully the rest of my life.