Daniel Ricciardo [7]

A/N This one is wished by AnaOliveira003. I hope you like it (:  Not sure how active I can be in the next 1-2weeks. I have my oral exam (irg) and a written one (yay) in italian and still need to learn some things. But I try to write some more today or in between the learning sessions to relax a bit.

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1115

I'm laying on the little sofa in Daniels spacious motorhome and listen with half an ear to the sounds which come out of the little tv which hangs on the wall. Daniel would address this press conference soon and since I am his company for this weekend, I try to get the full experience.

We are not dating but we can not call us only friends anymore. It is not like we have sex what would make us friends with benefits but the tension between us is bubbling higher and higher with each meeting especially when we are alone. But we never talked about it or put a label on it.

There is some movement on the screen, and I lift my gaze for a few seconds to observe Daniel and Max enter the room where the press conference would be held. They adjust themselves in the seats and look more or less ready to answer some questions.

"We welcome Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen into this part of the press conference." The interviewer says but at this point I disappear into my thoughts. I am not really interested in the question because in the end of the day they are always the same ones over and over again.

"This one is for Daniel. What can you say about the dating rumours? Are you taken or still enjoying the single live?" This is the question which rips me out of my thoughts. Dating rumours? Is he seeing someone else or did the reporter meant us?

I sit up while Daniel is flashing his signature smile and seeming to collect his words before he finally speaks up. Inside of me is a little fight. On the one hand I really want him to confess but on the other it scares me what his answer would be.

"I think I have to break some hearts today." Laughs Daniel and Max also begins to laugh loudly. Some hearts or just mine? Are they even talking about me, or do they mean someone completely different?

"And she is a good friend of Kelly, right? What is this with you guys and the Brazilian women?" The interviewer asks further and finally the realisation hits me. They are talking about me!

Is this a good sign? I think I do not like the fact that Daniel is talking about being taken from me when we do not have talked about us. How can he think that going public before talking to each other is a smart idea? I feel furious and nearly miss Daniels next response.

"We can't resist them." He continues to joke, and I turn off the TV. I have decided, I do not like him talking about us as a couple when we never where a date or talked about feelings at all. What was he thinking? Well, probably nothing.

I decide to pack my things and go back to the hotel. Leave Daniel in the paddock and try to calm down my anger a bit. It is not my goal to make him a scene right here but thus is what is going to happen if I do not leave immediately.

I make my way to the exit but before I can reach it a voice is yelling my name and I accelerate my steps when I recognize Daniel's voice. But of course, he is fast and reaches me with just a couple of wide steps.

"Why are you leaving?" He asks, while he sounds kind of hurt and lays his arm around my shoulder, but I am not in the mood to be nice to him. I brush of his arms and keep walking to finally get out of here and bring distance between Daniel and me.

"What where you're talking about in this press conference?" I suddenly stop walking and turn around to face Daniel who is still smiling widely as if he has not noticed my bad mood. When he does not answer me, I continue talking.

"Daniel, you can't tell people we are dating." I say in a muted voice because I do not want to attract the attention of the other people already knowing that the paparazzi are flashing several pictures right now. Daniel's smile sinks for a second then he smirks again.

"Why not?" Is he serious right now? Why not? Maybe because he is spreading rumours and hurt people with it, and he does not even think of denying the fact that he is not dating anyone.

"Because it is not the truth." I hiss and now Daniel looks a bit hurt. The little ache in my chest makes me hesitate if I am not too harsh but I stay with my point that he should not have said this in a live press conference.

"Well, I am planning on making it the truth." Wait what? My eyes went wide when I try to process his words. Did he really just say that he wants to make us official dating after he already announced it to everyone?

"What..." I can not really think of an actual response because my head seems to be just empty. Why is he saying things like this, and does he actually mean them? Or is this a really bad prank? If it is one, I am going to kill Daniel and every person who is involved in this.

"I'm pretty sure I loved you from the second I first laid my eyes on you." Daniel confesses and looks at my lovingly. My mouth opens and closes for a couple of times, but no sound leaves my lips. He loves me? I am not able to respond anything, but I do not need to because Daniel is apparently not finished yet.

"I wanted to ask you out earlier but things didn't turn out how I planned." He admits and rubs his neck with one of his hands. Slowly my head can handle what he just told me, and a soft smile spread on my lips.

"Well heartbreaker, take me on a date then." I giggle and grab his free hand. Daniel said earlier that he is ging to break some hearts but mine is safe from any damage and just full of happiness. Now Daniel needs a few seconds, but he is still faster than me.

"As you wish." He laughs and mimics to bow to me before he holds my hand tighter and lead me back to his motorhome. The day took turns I could never imagine but I will be forever thankful to the person asking Daniel this question because he certainly gave Daniel the last bit of confidence to finally confess his feelings.