George Russel-Christmas tree and mistletoe

A/N I prepared some short Christmas themed one-shots for you. Enjoy it and have some nice days with your family. Please vote and comment to give me a feedback. I will update the prompt list in the next days, so keep your eyes open.

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 530

The living room is full of the melody of Christmas songs, which I hum along more or less accurate. In front of me there is a box with Christmas decoration, with which I would now decorate the Christmas tree.

George is still on his way to do our shopping and in the meantime, I would give our living room a little Christmas makeover. First, I begin to wrap the lights evenly around the tree so that it is beautifully illuminated from all sides.

Countless rounds around the Christmas tree later, I am satisfied with my work and look for our Christmas baubles out of the box so that I can hang them on the tree. The baubles are complemented by ornaments in various shapes as well as a little glittering tinsel.

But when I pick out the top of the tree, I notice that I'm too small. I can't possibly attach it myself with my size and so I get a stool so I'm a few inches taller.

But that's not enough and so I put the star a little frustrated to the side and probably must wait until George is back. In the meantime, I just continue with backing some more cookies.

The dough was in the fridge to cool down and is now ready for further processing. Just as the last round of cookie has disappeared into the oven, the front door open and George announces to me a loud "I'm back."

Shortly I stretch my head out of the kitchen and wave to him before I dedicate myself to the sink again and clean my last utensils. George comes into the kitchen, puts the bags down and breathes a kiss on my cheek.

"Are you done with the tree?" he asks, before taking a glass of water to trink.
"Yes, except for the top, I can't get there. So, if you could make that?"

George nods and disappears towards the living room to complete our tree. I clear the purchases and get the cookies out of the oven, then I wonder what George is doing for so long.

"George? Did you get the star on the tree?"
"Yeees." He responds with a strained voice.

Confused, I walk towards the living room, but am stopped from George in the door frame.

"What did you do?" I ask with a laugh and cast a glance over his shoulder, but spontaneously can't see anything.

George also starts laughing and puts his hands on my hip before answering.
"Nothing." He says and looks at me quite innocently.

"Why can't I go to the living room?" Now he grins at me broadly and points upwards.

"Well, the mistletoe says that you have another task beforehand."
"What mistletoe... oh." In the door frame above, us hangs a small, green branch, which was not there before.

George has probably just placed him there and now looks at me waiting. I lovingly put my hands on his cheeks and carefully pull him down to me.

Our lips meet and an almost toneless sigh comes over my lips. Surrounded by Christmas lights, we exchange this tenderness, and I couldn't be happier at this moment.