Mick Schumacher [F7]

A/N Wished by randomhuman193. I hope you like it! Please vote, comment, and leave me a wish. 
What a weekend! What do you think about the races in F1/2? 

Easter-Special: I have about five ideas for the easter one-shots. You can leave me your favorite drivers in the comments and I will pick some of them. Until Wednesday you can request a special easter one-shot, if you have an idea for one and I will look what I can finish till sunday.

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1141

Doing my internship with Haas was one of the best things that could happen to me. I work with the press team and learn how to coordinate a day for the drivers. How they would be briefed before an interview and how you can transform everything they say into an interesting article.

I have not met the drivers yet but that would happen on this first race weekend. On Thursday, the media day, my supervisor introduces me to Nikita one of the drivers, but we have no time to wait for the second one because we have to fulfil our interviews today.

The day was hectic and really tyring. You always have to listen carefully what the interviewer is asking and what the driver is answering because you want to prevent possible scandals. We had to rush from interview to interview and barely had a break, but we finished the appointments in time.

While my supervisor has some other things to do this evening, he leaves it to me to transcript the record voice of Nikita into a text. Since I never done something like this before it takes me more time than I thought it would be.

It is already dark in Bahrain and I'm still not finished with my task, sighting exhausted and let my head fall into my hands. I have a light pounding in my head already knowing it would turn into a nasty headache if I am not going resting enough.

When the door opens, I lift my head and met some light eyes which widen in surprise when they see me, sitting alone in this room.

"Uhm, I am searching for Chris. Did you see him?" The boy asks me tilting his head slightly.

"He left earlier because he had somewhere else to be." I inform the blond boy who seem to be the second driver.

"We haven't met yet, have we?" He just ignores my info about Chris before stretching his hand out in my direction to introduce himself.

"I am Mick." A gentle smile spreads on Mick's lips when I tell him my name and shake his hand.

"So, what are you still doing here? I heard we have someone doing an internship, but it is pretty late already." Mick does not look like he is going to leave soon instead he sits down besides me.

"Well, Chris told me to write down what Nikita has said in his interviews but honestly either him or the interviewer are barely understandable, and this make this task really difficult." I explain Mick who is listening interested.

"Can't you finish this tomorrow? As I said, it is already late and nearly everyone is back at the hotel to get some rest." Mick frowns slightly and seems a bit worry about me.

"You are still here too. Shouldn't you be in your best shape tomorrow with enough sleep?"

"Probably, but I like to stay at the track for a bit longer to see if I can help the team with something." He blushes a bit, but I think that this is genuinely nice of him.

"Since everybody is leaving you should leave too. It would be a shame when you are too tired to drive properly tomorrow." I say, looking back at the screen of my laptop where the words begin to blur.

Mick steals my laptop and ignores my protest while saving my file and then switch it of.

"I tell Chris that I send you back to the hotel. You shouldn't overwork yourself, especially not on your first weekend." He gives me the laptop back before standing up and waiting for me to follow.

"But what if..." Mick does not let me finish my sentence and drags me out of the room to finally leave the circuit.

Sighting I accept that I have to stop working for now. When I get rid of Mick, I can simply continue it in the hotel and finish it there.

"What are you doing?" I ask Mick who is following me closely. I thought he has to get his things or do something else, but he is walking with me without his backpack or anything else.

"I feel much better if you let me walk you back to the hotel. It is dark and you never been here before." Mick explains and even in the darkness I can see him blushing slightly.

"I...thank you." I mumble sinking my gaze a bit. Mick seems to be the perfect gentleman. He does not know me but is still worried about my safety.

We continue our way to the hotel chatting about different things, laughing, and getting to know each other. I have the feeling I know Mick for an eternity and not just for half an hour. He has his arm wrapped lightly around my shoulder and keeps me warm and close.

I feel safe in his embrace and wonder about how you can feel so connected to a person you barely know. When we arrive at the hotel, I do not want to part ways with Mick and he seems to think the same.

"Do you want to come inside?" I ask him shyly in front of my hotel door. Mick's face lit up when he agrees and then follow me inside the room.

My hotel room is small, but it is enough for me. A bit unsure Mick is standing in the middle of the room and seems not to know how he should behave in here.

"Come here." I invite him and pat on the mattress besides me where I just sat down.

With a bit of a distance Mick let himself sink on the mattress before a yawn escape his mouth. Only then I notice how tired he is looking, and I start feeling a bit guilty.

"You can go to sleep if you want to." I mutter not daring to look him into the eyes.

"No. I want to stay for a bit but only if you want me to." Now Mick looks a bit insecure, but I can only grin and nod shily.

It stays a bit awkward between us for the next minutes before Mick seems to gather his courage and pull me closer to his body. Relaxing I cuddle myself against Mick's warm body and almost feel how tired I am.

"I know this is sounding weird because we only met today, but I think you might be my soulmate." Mick suddenly blurts out but regretting his words and wants to shuffle away from me.

"I was thinking the same." I mumble not letting go of him feeling how his heartbeat quickens under my head.

"So, I can ask you out for a date?" Mick asks and I can visualize his grin in front of my eyes.

"You can." I confirm his question grinning like an idiot myself.