Lando Norris [8]

A/N It took my nearly 3 days to finish this and I still don't like it. But sssaaaaraaahhh I hope you like it. Leave me some love (:

BOOKS with him:
Learning to Love
Redamancy

WARNINGS: /
WORDS: 1558

"And now push, push! Go flat out for the rest of the track." My race engineer tells me, and I do exactly what he says. Put my foot un the throttle and try to set the fastest time in this qualifying. Baku is one of the advanced circuits and sometimes it gets really crowed in qualifying but I managed to get one of the free spots and can set a flying lap without any problems.

When I cross the line, I cannot suppress the little grin that comes onto my lips. This was a good lap, I know this, but I don't know if it can put me on top of the leader board and so I wait for my engineer to speak.

"That's a brilliant time it puts you..." He starts but then everything happens nearly too quickly for me to react.

The car in front of me hits the barrier without any obvious reason. Out of reflex I hit the brakes but send my own car spinning and crash next to the other car with an unpleasant crunch. For a few seconds there is a ringing in my ears, and I need a moment to be fully back.

"Are you okay?" I hear the worried voice of my engineer even though it sounds like my ears are filled with cotton and lift my shaking hand to press the radio button.

"Yes...I am sorry. Lost control when I saw him." I apologize that I crashed the car and start to unbutton my belts. My fingers are still shaking but I don't feel pain because there is to much adrenalin in my body to feel anything.

"It's okay." My engineer reassures me. "It's good that nothing happened to you, and we can fix the car." I hum conformingly and start to climb out of my damaged car.

With wobbly legs I look at the extent of the damage and sight this is going to a long day for the mechanics. My way back to the pits feels like an eternity and slowly pain is starting to spread trough my body.

I would never admit that my muscles ache and that one of my wrist throbs unpleasantly because I want to drive this weekend and not just sit there and watch. When I am finally back in the pits I trot to the mechanics and apologize for crashing the car, but they just wave it off and reassure me that it is not really my fault.

I take of my helm and the gloves when a pair of arms wrap suddenly around me and press me tight against another body. Lando, I probably scared him, but I am totally fine, and he do not need to worry about me.

"Are you hurt? What happened there?" He asks and detaches his body a bit from mine to look me in the eyes. Lando looks like he just aged ten years out of worry, and I just want him to calm down a bit.

"I'm fine just a bit shaky." I reassure him and lay my head down on his chest while hugging him tight. "I saw the crash and did a kind of fear brake. Not my best decision." I mutter and try to ignore the pain in my wrist which is slowly wandering up my arm.

"You have to visit the medical centre." Lando says, still worried, and wants to lead me into the direction of it but I do not move an inch. I do not want to go to the medical centre and get possible not be cleared to race.

"But I am not hurt." I whine and sip on my water bottle to waste time. Just when Lando wants to respond another voice speaks up and sounds resolute with its words.

"No discussion, this was a big impact." My team principal says and gives me a rather stern look but still has a bit of worry in his eyes. His drivers are kind of like his children for him and he do not want to lose one of us.

"I'll bring her." Lando says and hold his hand out for me, but I ignore him and simply walk into the direction of the medical centre alone.

"Thank you Lando." I can hear my team principal say before Lando follows me quickly.

"Thank you Lando." Is my mocking respond and I cross my arms in front of my chest but have to suppress a hiss when I touch my wrist while doing this movement.

"Hey, we are just worried about you." Lando mumbles and gently holds me on my shoulders to stop me from walking away again. I wrestle with myself when I see his loving gaze and nibble on my lip because I did not want to mean to them, I am just scared not to race and maybe loose my seat because my sponsors would not pay for me anymore when I do not race and...I shake my head to get all these negatives thought out of my head before sighting softly.

"Maybe my wrist hurts a bit..." I admit and not dare to look Lando into the eyes. He sights before he gently grabs one of my hands and gives it a soft squeeze. Luckily, he took the heal one because otherwise I would probably burst into tears.

"Come, let us check this and then cuddle up in the hotel." Lando says and waits for my conformingly hum before he finally leads me into the medical centre.

I was already awaited there, and a sweet doctor starts to check if I have any injuries. She measures my blood pressure and let me move my legs and arms to exclude any damage. When it comes to my hands, I tell her about the pain in my wrist.

With a mobile x-ray she makes sure that no bone is broken or damaged in any way. Luckily, my wrist seems to be just bruised and is going to hurt for some time but most importantly she clears me to race after wrapping a bandage around my wrist and telling me to put something cool on it when I am back in the hotel.

When I walk out of the treatment room Lando already awaits me and furrow his brows worryingly when he spots the bandage around my wrist. My wide smile seems to confuse him a bit but before he can ask anything I speak up.

"Just bruised, nothing broken. I am cleared to race." I beam and expect Lando to do the same but he just frowns.

"Maybe it is better for you to rest?" He mutters and still has a worried look in his eyes. I stop my walking and look at him because I am not sure if he really meant what he just said.

"Rest? I love racing and when the doctor clears me to race, I will race." I say resolute and start walking again. Why should I stop doing what I love just because I had a little crash into the wall? People have heavier accidents and still drive on the next day.

"But..." Lando begins and sighs. "You know that I am just worried about you." He mutters and wraps his arm around my shoulder to hold me closer to his body. "I know." My voice is neutral but deep down his words warm my heart.

"I know you love to race but please promise me to be honest when the pain gets too much and rest. Listen to your body." Lando asks me and holds his pinkie outstretched in my direction.

With a soft laugh I interlock our pinkies to promise him to rest when my body needs to. "Promised." I mumble and grin at him while on his lips spread a grin too.

As Lando said before we cuddle up in the hotel bed after he had organised me an ice pad for my wrist. In the background the TV is displaying a series, but we do not watch it and just look at the other, steal soft kisses and enjoy our closeness.

"I was scared for a moment." Lando admits and does not look me into the eyes. "You where not moving and for a second I thought...I" he says and has to stop because tears rise to his eyes and a lump is building in his throat.

"Hey...shhh, I am okay." I mutter and cup his cheeks as good as it works with my bandaged hand. "I was just shocked because of the impact but I am okay. Look at me Lan."

Lando takes a deep breath before he opens his eyes with a quivering lip. He leans his forehead against mine and nuzzles his nose softly against mine.

"I know you are okay; I was just scared that I am going to lose you." He admits and still has so much fear in his voice.

"You will not get rid of me that quickly." I say with a soft smile but still take his fear of loosing me seriously.

Now a soft laugh leaves Lando's lips before he wraps his arms tighter around my body. "I am not going to leave you anytime soon." I promise and let my fingers stroke trough his hair and can feel how relaxes more and more under my touch.