Part 94

The F1 race was underway and I was on the pitwall with Mclaren getting some more experience with race engineers, obviously not interfering as it was a race. 

Both of the Mclarens had undercut the Ferrari's and Lando had Charles breathing down his neck like Daniel had Carlos. It was a tense moment in the garages, these were 4 of the most talented drivers on the grid fighting each other, from a spectators perspective it was amazing but from a team perspective it was horrifying.

By the end of the race it was Max, Carlos and Lando on the podium, Daniel and Charles had a drag race over the finish line and less than 1 thousandth split the two of them, Daniel just that tiny bit ahead of Charles.

We all rushed down to the podium area where I had celebrated my win just a few hours before, and now I was here as a spectator, it was a really amazing experience seeing what both ends feel like, as a spectator and a racer.

As the boys all congratulated each other they ran over to the team area and then Kelly and I were stood just a bit further down, Max came running over and I had my disposable camera out so I ended up getting a photo of them. Carlos and Lando then came over to us and I was so proud of all of my friends getting on the podium because of a mistake in strategy from Mercedes.

"Not as good as you" Carlos said over the chaos 

"Next time" I said with a wink before they were rushed over to the podium ceremony.

Me and Kelly stood there like proud parents cheering them all on when they came on to the podium, I took a photo of them standing for the national anthems and you could see all of their smiles, this photo would be a very good one.

When the champagne was over I walked back down to the garage and went over to the hospitality for some food.

"Iz, I know I didn't see you earlier but I just wanted to say that your racing was fucking awesome, you have all of the skills set in stone already" Daniel said as he passed me a bottle of water

"Thanks Riccy, means a lot, double header for both of us though, Baku next" I replied as I picked up a box of chicken salad.

"True true, hopefully I'll get a result there"

"You will, I can tell, Baku has disliked you for too long now" I said to him

"Well keep racing well and someday you'll be racing in Singapore"

"Cheers to that" I said as Daniel walked away to go to the debrief.

I had about 2 hours to do nothing whilst interviews and debriefs were carried out so I went looking for all the girls.

Once I had picked Kelly, Charlotte, Carmen and we all decided to have a bit of a photo shoot, I was the one most of the time taking the photos but I didn't mind, I was not very photogenic and I always got awkward in front of the camera.

We spent a while taking photos in different places around the paddock, I felt very feminine, I had never really had female friends let alone go around taking photos of each other, but I knew these women were lovely and I trusted them with my life.

"What are you doing!" Carlos shouted down my ear as I took photos of Charlotte 

"You bastard" I shouted as I jumped out my skin, I couldn't turn around though because Carlos ad his hands on my waist

"Why aren't you in the photos?" He asked

"I prefer taking them" I said back

"Well stop, go and get in the photo with them, I'll take the photo"

"You sure" 

"Yes, go!"

I walked over to the girls and stood there awkwardly as they shuffled around me and then started laughing at me because I had no idea what I was meant to do.