Part 67

Landos POV:

I walked in the garage on Sunday to see Izzie there in a black all in one with an open back, it hugged everything perfectly and I knew she was doing it on purpose, I wasn't expecting Lily-Rose to be stood next to her, and by the look on her face I don't think she liked Izzie being there. Izzie's face was unreadable, I knew I fucked up big time but she looked so unphased by it and she was just focusing on the race that was about to take place.

I couldn't stop thinking about how I could fix things with Izzie, I finished in 12th very far behind Daniel who got P4. I was too focused on how to fix things I used my helmet as a shield, I knew that as soon as I took it off the media would be asking me loads of questions about why I was so poor this race.

I walked out to the media pen to see Izzie there talking to some people at Mercedes, she had the look of a Mercedes driver, and the personality too, ruthless and determined, she was a perfect fit for Mercedes but Redbull was also perfect for her, she was controversial and liked to prove her worth which was similar to Redbull. But her first team, Mclaren, she was lighthearted and smiley but was dedicated like any Mclaren member is. I honestly had no idea where she would end up, I didn't realise I was staring at her until Charlotte was tapping my shoulder to go talk to the next media company. 

Izzies POV:

I enjoyed my time in Brazil but we were travelling up north to Mexico and I had been told I was doing a practice session for F3 before my karting race, I flew there with the Mclaren lot and helped them set up the garage on Monday with my amazing music taste, luckily there wasn't any media there to take videos of our amazing dancing and singing skills.

I went to the track I would be racing at briefly and saw that my team were already there and setting up the garage, my race would be on Thursday so it was unlikely Daniel would be able to make it because of it being media day.

"Track looks a bit bumpy no?" I asked as I looked out from the garage

"Yeh, it's pretty rough, tyres won't be a problem but be careful to make sure nothing falls off"

"Isn't that your job?" I said back with a laugh

"I'll double check everything before I go out don't worry" I added

"Okay, you are leading this championship though, no silly mistakes"

"Why would I make those"

"I know you and Lando are having a bit of a tough time"

"I don't think it negatively affects my racing, I see it a more motivation"

"Okay, but don't go out with all guns blazing"

"I will try my hardest"

I got back to the main track in time for the track walk with the team, I knew this track pretty well but I wanted to know what sort of things were concerning the other drivers.

It was race day for me, Thursday, an early morning. I got to the track really early and finished sorting out all the nuts and bolts that needed to be tightened and I measured out the fuel and did some checks on the tyres.

I had my headphones on the whole time so I didn't realise there were people stood outside my garage until I turned around to grab a spanner and I saw a few pairs of legs.

"Hello?" I said as I took my headphones off of my ears

"You're Izzie Bewdley?" This boy and his friends said to me

"Yeh, what were you expecting?"

"You look better in instagram, you probably should stick to influencing and not racing"