Part 55

It was the weekend of the Monaco GP, I had been staying at my apartment, making essential flights to the UK when needed. It was nice to be back in my own space but I did miss Lando and my days were boring, I ended up redecorating my kitchen, it now had black and white square tiles on the floor and on the splashback, I still had my red fridge but I painted the frames of my cupboards red to match the fridge, I also installed a new shelf and filled it with herbs I was growing, there were even hanging baskets with fruit in.

I had been training well and was getting fitter, I trained with Max and Charles sometimes but I preferred to do it by myself. I even learnt how to cook, using all the recipe books I had. I was making really good food and it wasn't burnt or anything. 

On the Friday of the race weekend I was working at the cafe, it was so busy and the business was doing really well, they were thinking of opening another cafe further in town.

Halfway through my shift I got a phone call from my boss at Prema

"Izzie, I have good news"

"Do say, I am on my break at the moment so in the nicest way possible, be quick"

"You're working? Like a proper job?"

"Yeh, is that weird?"

"I've never met a driver that also works a normal job"

"Oh, well can you tell me why you called?"

"You have a seat for F3 next season"

"You're joking? No way, that is amazing, grazie grazie, mamma mia" I was in so much shock ,I was jumping around like an idiot

"You really showed instinct in the car, I also had a phone call from Redbull and Mercedes saying they want to sponsor you"

"I'm sorting that"

"I have sorted it, you have Mclaren, Redbull and Mercedes as sponsors, and you are on all of the junior teams"

"What the fuck"

"You are making history"

"Grazie mille, oh my gosh thank you so much, my break is over but when i'm next in Italy we can talk?"

"Of course, have a good day"

I walked back in with happy tears almost falling out of my eyes, I was so happy, but I knew i had to keep it quiet for a while, I didn't need the media near me again, they finally stopped following me everywhere. 

I finished my shift and walked in to the town to the school where I was having Italian lessons, if I were to be driving for an Italian team for the foreseeable future I needed to learn the language. I was in a class with a few other people who had recently moved to Monaco and were trying to get the grips of the language.

I finished my class and walked back to my apartment, a few minutes after I got back, someone knocked on my front door.

I opened the front door to be almost tackled down to the floor by Lando

"You literally haven't answered any of my texts for weeks" were the first words he said as he gave me a massive hug that was crushing my ribs

"Yeh, sorry about that I've been a bit busy"

"And I have as well"

"You know what i'm like, what are you doing here anyway, other than for the race weekend"

"I wanted to see you, is that a problem?"

"No of course not, do you want a cuppa?"

"Please" Lando said as he took his shoes off and walked over to the balcony.